1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

bot from ashburn

I'm getting heaps of direct traffic from Ashburn USA with a 100% bounce rate. Can only assume it is a bot. It's wrecking my analytics data and maybe rating, not sure if the google bots take this into account or know about the ashburn bot. But it has put my bounce rate up to 90% so pages will never rank. Actually only hits the home page. Anyway how can I stop this, I have put in a filter to exclude Ashburn city but I really just want to stop this bot from connecting to my site.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hey Wayne - you can block requests the bot from your server..
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    Hey Wayne - you can block requests the bot from your server..
    thanks, seems like its an Amazon bot which is a surprise. Do these bots affect your ranking? My users from regular searches get a bounce rate of 41% but these bots skew that figure to 90%
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by waynepatt58
    thanks, seems like its an Amazon bot which is a surprise. Do these bots affect your ranking? My users from regular searches get a bounce rate of 41% but these bots skew that figure to 90%
    yes, user behavior metrics are important. However I think this is not a problem for you as google is able to segment traffic sources

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo