1. No Profile Picture

Question A blogs first steps

Hello all,

In my last post, I created an e-commerce site.
    That site is long gone. I wanted to focus my time and SEO efforts on something I cared about, Photography. I've been posting on WordPress periodically throughout the years, but now I want to start taking it to the next level and learning more about SEO

I don't have the plan where I can change the CSS, so that's out of the question. I've been sharing links on Facebook and Instagram.
    What other avenues of approach should I take to make my website more relevant to search engines?

Here is my site:
    travelthephoto.com (feel free to like and share if you like photography)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I would say you're doing a great job so far as Instagram is all about visual content, and that makes it one of the most powerful tools for photographers to promote their work, so, thumbs up to that!:cool:

Your current efforts on social could also influence social signals, and that might have a positive impact on your SEO.

According to Google, social media is not a direct ranking factor, however, studies agree that there's a correlation between social signals and SEO ranking).

Basically, social media can make your content shareable, creating more visibility. If more people see it, and, for example, link to your website, then that would contribute to an important ranking factor: backlinks!

I gave a peek to your posts (not to sound promotional, but I quickly did it with the mangools chrome extension) and the overall on-page SEO health is looking good (yay!), but, a few things I must point out is the fact that you might need to create longer content.

Also, you could work on optimizing the speed of travelphoto as well, as it also is an important ranking factor. Maybe you could check Google's PageSpeed insights to check that.

Lastly, make sure to get high-quality backlinks to your website/blog posts/pages. (To give you an idea: Consider guest posting)

These are a handful of thing to pay attention to, if you have any questions, please post them. Good luck :)

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    Last edited by Test-ok; Mar 12th, 2019 at 08:41 PM.