Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Blogging - frequency and content

Hello,

We run three blogs (tumblr with our own domain, wordpress hosted and blogger hosted). We publish a small article every day, and basically we post the same article and photo across all three blogs, with links back to our main website.

Would this be classed as content duplication? Do you think we would be better off rotating the blogs, so that each one receives a unique post every 3 days?

On another note, would we benefit from using different domain names for our Wordpress and Blogger blogs?

Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

According to me if you are using one content in different sites then it might be consider as a duplicate content.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : Duplicate means more then one, so your very much wrong!
    Last edited by joseph02; Mar 30th, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by joseph02
    According to me if you are using one content in three different sites then it will not be consider as a duplicate content but if you will use it in more sites then it might be consider as a duplicate content.
    If a piece of content appears on the internet in more than one place, that is being considered as duplicate content.
    forgottenlife, yes it will be considered as duplicate content. Try to be unique in case of your posts.
    Last edited by new_seo; Mar 28th, 2013 at 07:40 AM.
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Duplicate content is duplicate content regardless to how many time or where you post it!

If you want to post the same content on all 3 of your blogs you need to use the canonical tag to tell google which is the original so they know you have a valid reason for posting the same content on all 3 blogs, other wise google will pick one of the 3 to rank and punish the others for duplicate content!

I would guess all 3 of your blogs have little authority, so there is no guarantee which one google will pick as the original nor if google will pick the same blog as the original for each post, meaning you risk having 3 blogs which google sees as being in the wrong for publishing duplicate content!

Out of interest why do you have 3 blogs to post the same content on? Are you trying to run a small network for link building? If so stop now and don't waste your time.

Comments on this post

• KarnRawat agrees : Same post in three Different blog is like .. Clone of a boy is STUDYING in three different section of a Class.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  9. No Profile Picture

Cheers guys. I think we will rotate the blogs so that they only receive a unique post every 3 days.

Out of interest why do you have 3 blogs to post the same content on? Are you trying to run a small network for link building? If so stop now and don't waste your time.
    We didn't really have a strategy regarding blogging at the beginning and didn't know which platform would be the best to go for, hence signing up to all 3. We have been posting the same posts to all 3 blogs since day one and only now are starting to wonder if this could actually do us more harm than good.

Any comments on whether to purchase separate own domains for our Wordpress and Blogger blogs?
  11. SEO Consultant

I would just focus on one blog on your money site.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  13. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by forgottenlife
    Cheers guys. I think we will rotate the blogs so that they only receive a unique post every 3 days.
    Why not just work on one great blog rather then spreading your content over 3?

Any comments on whether to purchase separate own domains for our Wordpress and Blogger blogs?
    Wordpress is the most use blog platform in the world and its the one I always use and would always recommend others using for a number of reasons, so I would recommend picking wordpress.

Are you currently just using a free subdomain such as blog.wordpress.com? If so yes, I would recommend either moving to your main site as either blog.yousite.com or yoursite.com/blog (search the forums for topics about which is best) or purchase a new domain for a standalone blog if you would rather do that. But either of those options would be much better then a wordpress/blogger subdomain blog as those tend to be used for spam IMHO and who often do you see those rank in the SERPs over self hosted blogs on your own domain?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

If you put all the content into one blog, that would make a lot better blog wouldn't it?

As long as the content is good of course.

I use Copyscape to check my blog posts, and if it came up that their was something the same, I would remove the post, you do not want to be associated with duplicate content at all.
  17. No Profile Picture

@NathanielB - Thanks for the sharing.
    Please let me know how do I use the "canonical tag" for the same case?
  19. No Profile Picture

You are currently splitting your efforts and even generating duplicate content. I would really recommend you to consider combining all three blogs into one and reducing amount of duplicate content. The origination of the content is very important.

If you are blogging at any given point, the content needs to be relevant and fresh, dont spin articles or copy from someone else, the long term damage might be high. When submitting multiple posts, make sure they are all similar content, being all over the place is also really bad.
    Last edited by dzine; Mar 29th, 2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: snip
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

We run three blogs (tumblr with our own domain, wordpress hosted and blogger hosted). We publish a small article every day, and basically we post the same article and photo across all three blogs, with links back to our main website.

Would this be classed as content duplication? Do you think we would be better off rotating the blogs, so that each one receives a unique post every 3 days?

On another note, would we benefit from using different domain names for our Wordpress and Blogger blogs?

Thanks!
    Yes it will be considered as duplication of content. You can post every 3 days this will give you good effect. Use unique and fresh content on blog and after submitting blog ping URL of same blog and do social-bookmarking of that link.
  23. No Profile Picture

According to me unique content is must for your blog really i suggest every blogger create only unique and eye catching content for your blog and according me me best site is goarticle and tumblr and squidoo these are best site and i am also submitting article in all sites
    Last edited by dzine; Apr 9th, 2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: live links triggered the mod filter - now removed
  25. No Profile Picture

if you are using same content for blogs, article and all are submitted to lots of sites then it might be taken as a duplicate content but if you are using the link of blog on keyword in the article or vice versa then it is not said duplicate content but this technique is same as link wheeling.
  27. No Profile Picture

Nice discussion. As suggested by most of the members even I would recommend you to use only 1 blog, and direct all your quality content towards it. I can tell you that you would get great results within a short span of time.
  29. No Profile Picture

Using a content more then ones is considered as a spam or duplicate content which is worthless, instead of maintaining 3 blog why not you maintain a single blog with good unique content on it, which will be more effective then maintaining more blogs as it is loss of time.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: