1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Blog Posts - High Keyword Density Hurt Google Rankings?

Hi,

I write my blog posts around my primary keywords, and link these keywords to different internal pages on my website.

I was just wondering, could having a bunch of blog posts with high keyword density hurt my website's Google keyword rankings?

Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture

It will not hurt your website ranking but your blog posts would fail to get traffic and visitors so try to write user orinted blog post without doing keyword stuffing.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To follow-up on what jericho23 said, focus on writing blog posts for your readers. Include links only when they will be helpful to a reader and provide them with more useful information. This will mean linking to your site, to other blog posts you've written and to outside sources, other people's sites and blog posts. Websites and blogs should always be created and written with the user in mind. I don't see anything wrong with writing blog posts centered around your keywords as long as they offer something good for a reader.
  7. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Good advice prior to this. I'll reiterate the points from above... If you are focusing on writing your content with the intent to please the search engines over your site visitors, you are going about it wrong. As the 2 previous responses indicate, you should be focusing on the web visitors as they will be the ones carrying out your desired actions...buying your product or service, etc.

It sounds like you are utilizing a blog for the wrong purpose. Yes, it's a great tool to allow you to continually add content to your website which search engines like but if you are hammering away at adding keywords and links back to the main site, you are degrading the quality of the content as well as the user experience for your visitors. Focus more on the quality and have the ability to step away outside your box and look at the site with an open mind and see if it reads well. Be critical when reviewing b/c different readers have different habits and not everyone wants to read about your blowing smoke up your behind :-)

Unique and amazing should be your goal. Let the keywords fall into place naturally b/c when you start forcing them, your quality goes down the tubes.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for all the replies!

I definitely need to change the blog posts I put up to target the user/reader overall instead of using them purely for SEO purposes.

With that in mind, should I just start posting interesting/unique posts for the user/reader and not even try using any internal back-links within the blog posts?

Thank you!
  11. No Profile Picture

Most of the SEO Experts generally prefer 2-3% keyword density .After the updating of SEO Over optimization algorithm by Google the blog with high keyword density automatically goes down.
  13. Dancin with the devil

I don't know any experts who consider keyword density when writing. Yes, you should definitely keep your posts as unique and interesting as possible. Experiment with shorter posts, say 250-300 words max vs longer, more in depth posts of 500 words or more to see if there is any difference in engagement. Be sure you have Google Analytics installed and check for time spent on page. You should expect more time to be spent on the longer piece. If it's long and has sections, consider providing page anchors for the different sections. This will allow users to find the piece of the article they are more interested in rather than reading the entire novel.

Utilize links to your main site only if you feel it will help the user. If you mention a product, it doesnt hurt to link back. The more links you provide, the more distractions and opportunities you are giving your visitors to leave the article. If you are writing just to link back, it's probably not going to be engaging content and a waste of time.

Think outside of the box and re-read it after you finish to see if you would find interest if you found this same article on another site. Don't be biased and be truthful and you'll become better at writing content that's beneficial and works.

Comments on this post

• olimits7b agrees
  15. Dancin with the devil

High quality and unique content will generally garner and earn links without any form of soliciting links. Utilize social media to spread the word about your great article. The best advice I can provide is to be critical of your writing and be unbiased. If you can look from the outside in at a piece of content and say, this is horrible than think about how your readers view it and what it does for your overall trust?

Not every blog post or piece of content is going to be incredible and garner links. Once you scour the web (Yahoo Answers is great at helping with finding content ideas) and see what people are looking for and where your competitors are not involved, you can start to corner your market.