Hi all, this is my first post on the site. I would like to commend the founders, moderators, and contributors of this site for creating such a rich and centralized wealth of knowledge relating to SEO.

I have taken a big plunge in the past year in the field of online marketing, and am presently looking for a niche job in that area in the field of web analytics consulting.

That being said, I realize that there is perhaps no better way of showcasing my capability and passion that developing my own online blog in the field of online marketing. I will keep you guys posted on how it progresses.

I'm using Wordpress for this blog, and came across an interesting SEO article for tweaking Wordpress today.

Presently in WP, the H1 tag by default displays whatever the blog's name is, which may or may not be efficient depending on the keywords. The recommendation was to strip the H1 tag from the blog name, and instead set it to the title of the latest post in the blog.

So my question is basically this:

Do you recommend a static H1 tag in my blog, that is optimized for the keyword phrase I would like to target, or would you recommend a dynamic H1 tag that is set to the title of the latest post in the blog?

I understand there may not be a clear-cut answer here, but I'd like to open up some dialogue to help me make a decision.

Thanks for your feedback