Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Bing & Yahoo not indexing my site?

Guys I have a problem it's been now a year but I can't get my site to rank high on Bing and Yahoo for some reason Bing didn't even index all my page I am out of ideas. I need your help! This is what I have in mind I want to completely delete my site from bing webmaster tools account and then submit it again hopefully this time Bing will index it better what do you think. Here is my URL if you don't allow URL in posts then just remover the URL but leave the post because I really need help with this!
    letsforum(dot)com
    Last edited by jamespayne; Mar 14th, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hi please is there a SEO expert that can help me?
  5. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Your site is an SEO site right? Just to clarify - you are trying to figure out how to get your SEO site ranked better? Are you selling SEO services or giving SEO advice on the site?

Its hard to say what direction you should take to fix your site without knowing more details - is your site suffering some sort of penalty, what type of work do you do from an SEO and marketing perspective to make the site rank, have you made any changes that may have affected your sites ability to rank, etc. Is your Robots.txt file blocking some pages from being indexed? Do you have any duplicate content issues - try to give as much information as you can.

Deleting it from Bing webmaster tools won't help if you don't fix the issue that caused your pages not to get indexed to begin with. That's my two cents.
  7. No Profile Picture

As your website is a forum site and due to this there will be number of links/urls. You should make sure easy accessibility of each link so that robots could index all links. There may be some technical issue as well like speed of website.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thanks yo all very much. I am thinking that maybe SEO designed for Google doesn't work for Bing and Yahoo!

Are you selling SEO services or giving SEO advice on the site?
    I am not selling anything but since my site is a forum users do post advices!

I have optimized everything according to what Google wants I think that's the problem!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

P.S.
    Is your Robots.txt file blocking some pages from being indexed?
    I am only blocking those pages that Google returns as "Access denied" pages that require the user to login!

Do you have any duplicate content issues
    How can I check that?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

First, please check your robots text if it has a disallow action against search engines crawling your site. If it has, remove the disallow. You can type in your site's sitemap in your robots text to let all search engines crawl your site. If yahoo/bing has not indexed your site yet, try resubmitting, or check your yahoo/bing webmaster code if you have installed in properly on your site.
  15. No Profile Picture

Check your on page optimization. there are chances that you might have not invited bing and yahoo bots to crawl and index your website.
  17. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Are you banning IP's that are spammers?
  19. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

In the Admin section look at Configuration/Spiders-Bots and see if you show any issues with Bing and Yahoo.
    I doubt you will
    next...go to Users and Groups/Banning/Banned IP's and see if you have Bing and Yahoo bot IP's blocked.
    Check here for Bing. you'll have to figure Yahoo out, but follow the same path if you find Bing is blocked.
  21. No Profile Picture

your site based in ? i mean wordpress, joomla ,etc ?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

My website runs on MYBB forum software.
  25. No Profile Picture

This may sound a bit silly to some people but may be worth a shot. We never had a single visitor from Yahoo or Bing for about 2 years, but we weren't really bothered as our demographic doesn't use it much. However, we've since installed CloudFlare as CDN and found Bing and Yahoo to be crawling an immense number of pages ever since. We now get regular traffic from both sources. Likely a coincidence but thought I'd put it out there
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by VenomSmith
    This may sound a bit silly to some people but may be worth a shot. We never had a single visitor from Yahoo or Bing for about 2 years, but we weren't really bothered as our demographic doesn't use it much. However, we've since installed CloudFlare as CDN and found Bing and Yahoo to be crawling an immense number of pages ever since. We now get regular traffic from both sources. Likely a coincidence but thought I'd put it out there
    Are you by any chance using Joomla? One of my sites used to get 20% of its search engine traffic from Yahoo and Bing and then suddenly a year ago the traffic started declining and now in the past few months not a single query coming from these two.

Are you using the free version of CloudFlare and in your opinion, would just the free version make any difference in speed of delivery and consequently a traffic increase from Bing.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thanks SEO expert for your support now I have started to see my website showing on Bing and Yahoo search results nothing like Google though but hey at least it's something!

Originally Posted by tdimobilead
    Then change your site content or you can change your web site. Site should be responsive and change meta tag regularly.
    What do you mean by changing meta tags regulary I think if I do that I will loose little ranking I have Bing and Yahoo are super slow indexing sites
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: