1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best way to integrate landing pages

As the profile says - I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to SEO, but I'm keen to learn.

I have a question about landing pages. To clarify I mean pages that are linked directly to site the for the purpose of targeted SEO, not PPC landing pages.

I've found in the past, that strong internal signals, can help boost a landing page - this is fine when you have 1 or 2 pages you want to rank, but if you have 5 or 10, in becomes slightly more difficult without looking spammy.

I've also read quite a few articles - but most are now obsolete as many the techniques used in 2012 are firmly out of favour.

So, I have a client site - it has 1 money page, but there are a few routes to it - key search terms that need to be covered. How does everyone ensure their important pages like these get enough internal priority to help rank them effectively?
    Last edited by noobuk; May 27th, 2015 at 02:42 AM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

links....
    internal links with keyword/phrase anchor text is good.
    inbound links with keyword/phrase anchor text is not good (not natural looking at all)

landing pages for PPC and or targeting SEO..well there's not any difference between the two.IMO

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    linternal links with keyword/phrase anchor text is good.
    That's an interesting topic in its own right. I believe its now possible to be penalised for over optimising internal links.
  7. No Profile Picture

I was thinking more about good opportunites to link to these pages.

Menu's potentially can look spammy - for instance, if you're trying to create many pages for synonyms that rank on their own merit.

Fat footers have a lot of negativity around them.

Tags to link the related landing pages together could be an option, or a quick links widget.

Also, we have lots of link juice coming in via our blog too - so this is a potential source, but again, I'm unsure as to how to go about the most effective way lof tapping into this link juice.
  9. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

It's hard to be sure without looking at the site but it sounds like an internal architecture problem... There shouldn't be a question of how to link internally to landing pages if the architecture is properly set up... I assume if you have several landing pages, they all serve different topic / intent / purposes, so they need to be linked to from different types of pages (definitely NOT from one page)...
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    It's hard to be sure without looking at the site but it sounds like an internal architecture problem... There shouldn't be a question of how to link internally to landing pages if the architecture is properly set up... I assume if you have several landing pages, they all serve different topic / intent / purposes, so they need to be linked to from different types of pages (definitely NOT from one page)...
    Ann,

Thanks for your comment.

Unforunately I can't post a url as it is a client site and not mine.

Please could you elaborate on what you meanby linking to different types of pages.

Thanks