1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best Local SEO Citation service

I want to push my local business listing to as many solid local directories as possible in one go.

What is the best way to accomplish this automatically?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Signed up for moz local I am no SEO expert but hopefully this service will be better than stupid Yahoos local crap if anyone. I am doing this for my one business listing
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Please bear in mind that adding your site to local directories will do little or nothing for you SEO wise. Assuming by SEO you are talking about boosting your organic rankings.
    These directories if they are serous listings will be no follow links so therefore not pass anything to your site. Any automated process as well will repeat the content you wish published across many sites which is also to be avoided.

Being in local directories may bring you in some traffic but for the effort required there is often better ways to spend your time and budget.

Just to give some credibility to what I am saying so you dont think I am just blowing hot air, I used to own one of the services Moz is posting to, in its day it was the largest online directory in the UK and many other european countries. I turned my back on the business despite it becoming a FTSE100 company. The directory industry is full of hype and often the small guy will end up believing they will gain far more than what is delivered.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Will it do anything to help me get into the 3 pack on local map listing??

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Please bear in mind that adding your site to local directories will do little or nothing for you SEO wise. Assuming by SEO you are talking about boosting your organic rankings.
    These directories if they are serous listings will be no follow links so therefore not pass anything to your site. Any automated process as well will repeat the content you wish published across many sites which is also to be avoided.

Being in local directories may bring you in some traffic but for the effort required there is often better ways to spend your time and budget.

Just to give some credibility to what I am saying so you dont think I am just blowing hot air, I used to own one of the services Moz is posting to, in its day it was the largest online directory in the UK and many other european countries. I turned my back on the business despite it becoming a FTSE100 company. The directory industry is full of hype and often the small guy will end up believing they will gain far more than what is delivered.
  9. Dinosaur

No as thats a google product, you need to make sure your company is listed here https://www.google.com/business/
  11. Dinosaur

Something else you can do if not already done it is to add address schema to your site, please read this on how to do it correctly. https://schema.org/LocalBusiness
    It also helps a lot if you can talk about your local area within the content on your site so google forge the link between your niche and the location.If you have reviews for your products and services include them as well while mentioning the area the review is from so for example
    Mr Smith from somewheretown say's xya
    Include images of the work you have done again including the general area within the alt text.

You dont want to go giving out customers full address and respect their privacy so dont go down to street level but general areas is great when possible.

None of this may be applicable to you as it depends on your business sector of course but meant as ideas on how to work into your site geo locations so google think they are the authority within the area for that service.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Any automated process as well will repeat the content you wish published across many sites which is also to be avoided.
    I don't see anything wrong with duplicated content in directories. It is part of your brand consistency that makes users feel confident that they have found you (again). ???
  15. No Profile Picture

Any automatic service such as Yext & Moz Local that pushes to web citations (Yelp, Yellowpages and 60+ others) may revert back to bad information after you cancel subscription. Read the terms of service for any service you're interested in. If you are strictly speaking on web directory list websites like BestOfTheWeb, that's a different situation but when you stop paying, off your link goes unless it's a directory that provides a lifetime link.

Originally Posted by decadude
    I want to push my local business listing to as many solid local directories as possible in one go.

What is the best way to accomplish this automatically?
    Last edited by dzine; Apr 19th, 2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: formatting fixed :-)
  17. No Profile Picture

For 3 pack, you need optimized web citations (Yelp, Facebook, Etc) that all share the same information such as business name, address, phone and website. When I say optimized speak on the services and location you serve in them. Add photos with captions that indicate location and services. I have locally ranked clients without the use of auto-post systems as I like to be cost-effective (paying about $900 a year for a service that can mess up after you cancel is not a sound investment to me) no matter their budget size.

In addition to web citations you need information on your website, preferably schema markup and on-page content (text & images) as well as off-page web mentions on websites related to your industry whether you are linked in them or not, as long as it has information about your business, location and preferably shares your name, address and phone in the articles.

Now you can't get listed on every web citation for free because Yext owns a lot now, but the free ones is fair game. Good luck!

Originally Posted by decadude
    Will it do anything to help me get into the 3 pack on local map listing??