1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Best IDX Plugin for WP

I'm guessing Dr. Marie might be able to help but I was hoping someone could tell me more about the different IDX plugins for wordpress.

I need the best one. There's too many and they all say they are great. I also noticed the reviews are misleading. I need a real wp expert to share with me any IDX plugins they use. gracias muchachos.
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Prob me having another blond moment but whats an IDX plugin? whats IDX stand for?

If I know what it is I might be able to help as I play with a lot of WP installs for my personal sites.

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick agrees : head nod here...yeah, what's with IDX? Spoke once at a conf for this group like 20 years ago...is that who you mean?
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. Contributing User

sorry guys. my client is a real estate guy and he used the term IDX like a hundred times. I had to google it to learn more too.

it's the connection fee for the MLS listings. he wants to pull all mls listings on to his site. there's a whole page of idx installs, just search 'idx mls' in the new plugins section and there is a whole page of 'em. didnt know if there was a preferred one whereas somebody already took the time to test all and decided on a particular one. Gracias.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

IDX Plugin info and the different options

Here are some questions you'll want to ask yourself as you review some of the plugins available:

• Do I want to manage the dateset myself, or can I outsource this to another Developer who is capable of managing changes to the MLS data over time?
    • Do I want (or is the client willing) to pay a monthly fee so that a 3rd party IDX provider can manage that dataset for me?
    • Do I want to spend under $20/month to frame a very limited IDX solution into WordPress?

As for SEO benefits - There are a lot of similarities between custom and hosted, the first two options listed above. Both should give you access to custom title tags and meta descriptions for properties, and depending upon the hosted plugin, custom URL paths for results pages or properties.

IDX SEO can help you leverage dynamic meta tags and custom search result urls, but it's up to you (or the client) to build custom neighborhood content and blog about specific areas, buildings, etc.

A custom IDX solution or plugin almost always displays the primary domain in the URL. A hosted solution such as IDX Broker may provide the option to display a custom subdomain (e.g., search.mysite.com). Most framed, or low cost solutions simply default to the IDX provider's domain. In the case of IDX Broker - the plugin simply links out to the hosted IDX pages, and offers some Widget templates that have been "pre-embedded" to just drag and drop into the WP sidebar. Some plugins may be configured for more or less customization - it's really a matter of knowing how much time you or your client is willing to spend to get IDX search up and running.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by IDXBroker_Luke
    Here are some questions you'll want to ask yourself as you review some of the plugins available:

• Do I want to manage the dateset myself, or can I outsource this to another Developer who is capable of managing changes to the MLS data over time?
    • Do I want (or is the client willing) to pay a monthly fee so that a 3rd party IDX provider can manage that dataset for me?
    • Do I want to spend under $20/month to frame a very limited IDX solution into WordPress?

As for SEO benefits - There are a lot of similarities between custom and hosted, the first two options listed above. Both should give you access to custom title tags and meta descriptions for properties, and depending upon the hosted plugin, custom URL paths for results pages or properties.

IDX SEO can help you leverage dynamic meta tags and custom search result urls, but it's up to you (or the client) to build custom neighborhood content and blog about specific areas, buildings, etc.

A custom IDX solution or plugin almost always displays the primary domain in the URL. A hosted solution such as IDX Broker may provide the option to display a custom subdomain (e.g., search.mysite.com). Most framed, or low cost solutions simply default to the IDX provider's domain. In the case of IDX Broker - the plugin simply links out to the hosted IDX pages, and offers some Widget templates that have been "pre-embedded" to just drag and drop into the WP sidebar. Some plugins may be configured for more or less customization - it's really a matter of knowing how much time you or your client is willing to spend to get IDX search up and running.
    good advice. thx for not spamming the board but I'll take a look at the link in your profile and learn a little more later today. pm me you email address if you can. thx