1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Talking Beginner question #2: Researching trademarked keywords

Hello fellow SEO peoples, it's me again. Back to ask for some more SEO insight.

My question today is about researching trademarked keywords. They do not show up in many of the moz programs. Yet they are vital to this task. The company is a 'rapid application database software' company. And as you can imagine nobody types anything close to that into their search bars, they all use the trademarked name.

I have tried misspelling it purposefully hoping to get some sort of tangible data out of it, but to no avail. It is a relatively low volume search in general. I have tried to see if there are any competitors who use similar software that isn't trademarked. But there doesn't seem to be. And the particular company's trademark doesn't have any other individual characteristics. It is literally 'trademark 8' 'trademark 9' and 'trademark 10' etc.

So far I have the obvious keyword combinations down. I have grabbed some the top competitors rank for. But this as you know is like starting a race late. We'll most likely stay behind them unless we evolve.

Well, I'm sure some of you have come across this before. Any advice?

Thank you for your time.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

How does the brand advertise their own site? What do they rely on other than their brand name?

Try looking at PPC stats and adwords data for more ideas.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

They pay for rank. They are a niche market capable of drowning out new competition. PPC was not any help. I did neglect Adwords data though... Thank you.

Sadface... Adwords had 3 results related to term and then the generic 'consultant' & 'developer'.

Hacking for the win. Just got a boatload of what the competitors are trying to rank for and play catch up I guess.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Sep 29th, 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: combined 3 posts into 1