Thread: Bad Backlinks

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Bad Backlinks

So... I made the bad mistake about 12 months ago of buying backlinks from fiverr...

My rankings are almost non existent and I'm starting to this this may be part of the cause.

What can I do? There are too many to disavow in Google. Can't access the sites to get ride of them...

Cheers
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Start over with a new domain

Comments on this post

• mainstwebguy agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

WOW - really?

Can't 301 because that would just keep all the crap links...

So pretty much start at the beginning?
  7. Contributing User

If you didn't have good rankings before buying backlinks then you should, as KernelPanic said, start over with new domain. It will save you a lot of time and nerves.

On the other hand, if you had good rankings and want to restore them, then you should start a long way of recovering from penalty. It will require a patience above the all. If you are lucky you can contact those people from fiverr and ask them politely if they used some software for link building, if the answer is yes ask them to remove your domain, and send reconsideration request to Google.
    If you are unlucky then start by contacting webmasters of those site to remove your link from their site, make disavow file and covience Google that you did everything you can to remove those links.

Good luck
  9. No Profile Picture

At the moment I've 160,000 pages in Google - after a dramatic drop my sitemap link count in Search Console is starting to increase. However my traffic is very low - less than 100 sessions a day. Having said there there are other onsite reasons for low traffic ie structure and content... so not really sure how much of a negative impact these "bad links" are or aren't having.
  11. No Profile Picture

Seriously, if you trying to disavow those bad links then you stuck on those for. Its better that start a new website with fresh one, because time you will spend to remove those link meanwhile you can get another website and may that website rank with you efforts.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Initially I would say to disavow the domains as this would save you a lot of time rather than individual URLs ( see this post: https://moz.com/blog/guide-to-googles-disavow-tool ) as it would save you a lot of time most likely. However, if your sites performance was low anyway, just like the guys said, start a fresh and learn from your mistakes.

What is your website?
    Music Fan | Formula 1 Geek | Apple Fanboy | Head of Digital
  15. No Profile Picture

Cheers - I've disavowed a bunch of domains - will see if it makes any differance - the site is shopfind.com.au - a web directory - any other advice greatly appreciated SEO wise.
  17. No Profile Picture

Disavowing is not that hard - you just make a list of all the domains that are linking to you that are crap - just download the spreadsheet and go through and remove all that are good and then upload to the Disavow tool with the crap that you have and leave a comment saying "I got a Fiverr gig I'm sorry I won't do it again" - you'll be in penalty but Google may forgive you.
  19. No Profile Picture

Best backlinks providers on fiverr typically use SPAMming forums to post your links. That actually causes harm rather than being useful. When I launched my new website I got good response from google search until I paid a few fiverr'ians to increase backlinks of my site. Then onwards, my search traffic reduced five times even though backlinks improved on spamming forums.
    Stay away from fiverr it will just ruin your search engine traffic.
  21. Contributing User

From my experience those links usually don't have a very long life: most of them are deleted when found, and moreover if you in the meantime are able to go on getting good links, they'll make a sort of balance with the bad ones. I wouldn't ditch a website just for that, since there is always hope of recovering. Sure you can start another website in the meantime, but I would try to keep the first one, working a little bit on it with fresh contents and as I said before new good links.