Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Backlinks from the same Domain

Hi!

Is it worthy having backlinks for different keywords on the same domain? For example, I have a link on a blog post where the blogger links my site with the keyword "dress" and in another blog post I have a link on the keyword "shoes".

Even it they come from the same domain will my ranks be affected on some way?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It is possible. Without knowing the domain where the links are, no way to tell if the site is junk or not.

Is the linking site relevant to your site?
    Is your site about dresses and shoes?

Generally speaking tho,a single link from a site is enough, anything more and the links start to look manipulated and posted for ranking.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    It is possible. Without knowing the domain where the links are, no way to tell if the site is junk or not.

Is the linking site relevant to your site?
    Is your site about dresses and shoes?

Generally speaking tho,a single link from a site is enough, anything more and the links start to look manipulated and posted for ranking.
    Thanks, KnowOneSpecial.

The site is real, with good stuff, not spammy and with high DA and PA.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi DA and PA are just indicators, I never rely upon those metrics carte blanc.

Questions I have are.....

Did you do a back link check and investigate the site?
    Can anyone get a link from that site, if they can that site is probably not going to help you.
    My biggest question is did you "Earn" the link or did you acquire the link by other means...

A lot of unknowns to give you a blanket answer.

Care to share the site where the link is posted ?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Did you do a back link check and investigate the site?
    Yes, the blog is from a friend of the company's owner where I work. She writes about mom and children.

Can anyone get a link from that site, if they can that site is probably not going to help you.
    Well, she has a few posts about brands that I think they've pay her for the publication.

My biggest question is did you "Earn" the link or did you acquire the link by other means.
    She wrote a piece last year about one of our products and she got a lot of views e shares on Facebook, so she wanted to write again about one of our best-sellers.
  11. No Profile Picture

Sounds as if you have a golden opportunity with that site.

Good luck !
  13. No Profile Picture

Footer links

What about site-wide footer links, is it useful? Is it dangerous? I found many websites doing it, don't know if it is a good idea.
  15. No Profile Picture

Footer links no longer have the effect they once had. Look at all those theme designers, who include their link at the bottom. They should rank really well with all those site-wide footer links, but they don't (usually).
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I used to have sidebar backlinks and I won't lie: they helped? Yes.

But now, I focus more on having my backlinks on content. They proved to be really worthy.

I checked on my competitors and a lot of them are full of sidebar backlinks. I can advice you to not have a lot of footer and sidebar backlinks, but having one or two can help and not hurt your SEO. Of course you always have to focus on earn your backlinks or having them on content.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is really important to have diversity on your link profile. However, if you have 2-3 links from one domain, it isn't terrible. Now if you have 100 links from one domain, that could be seen as spammy. I am not sure if there is a way to break these down by percentage of value, like you are referring to as Google has started to change the way it values backlinks. The second link on the same domain would be more valuable if it were on a different domain.
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Jan 23rd, 2018 at 01:27 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is not advised to have multiple backlinks from same domain. One should maintain the ratio of backlinks on a particular domain so that it should not look spam. Reading at your previous replies, I would suggest you to reach other bloggers and request them to review your products. There are plenty of lifestyle bloggers who write reviews on their blog. This help you earn links from different domains and maintain your link profile.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Basically, our main focus should be getting backlinks from authoritative sites only. It is good for our site of getting backlinks from variety of sites. But if we achieve good backlinks from quality sites for different keywords, no problem at all for this website.
  25. Contributing User

How will it affect your site? I think you have less knowledge regarding SEO!
    What you are doing is just linking relevant keywords to the relevant page. If you have multiple products on the same page, you can have more than 2 links pointing to the page.
  27. No Profile Picture

yes i also feel same as above mention comments
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

This was said earlier, "Generally speaking tho,a single link from a site is enough, anything more and the links start to look manipulated and posted for ranking.."

I'd like to add a caveat to this. It really depends on where you're getting a a link from. I don't care who you are, if Yahoo News, Forbes, Huffington, DailyMail, etc...wants to link to your website multiple times, through different articles and pages, I don't think any of us would say..."NOO!! STOP!! GOOGLE IS GOING TO THINK I'M MANIPULATING LINKS!!"

What matters is the authority and trustworthiness of the site you're obtaining the link from. As long as everything looks copasetic, you're fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: