1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Backlinks Local Seo

Hi all,

I manage four websites all for local seo, but the problem I have is my latest two clients are both
    located in Birmingham, UK's 2nd largest city.

They are both service based clients and their websites both score well above average for speed
    and all other on page ranking factors. I've got them both onto the bottom of page one for most of their
    keywords.

I've created GMB, around 50 manual citations for each website but I'm struggling to get
    them to the next level. I've seen gigs where I can purchase niche related backlinks and I'm not sure
    if to take a gamble or not ?

It must be the lack of backlinks ?

Where and how can I get some niche related do-follow backlinks without purchasing them ?

Many Thanks in advance
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by depaco
    Hi all,

I manage four websites all for local seo, but the problem I have is my latest two clients are both
    located in Birmingham, UK's 2nd largest city.

They are both service based clients and their websites both score well above average for speed
    and all other on page ranking factors. I've got them both onto the bottom of page one for most of their
    keywords.

I've created GMB, around 50 manual citations for each website but I'm struggling to get
    them to the next level. I've seen gigs where I can purchase niche related backlinks and I'm not sure
    if to take a gamble or not ?

It must be the lack of backlinks ?

Where and how can I get some niche related do-follow backlinks without purchasing them ?

Many Thanks in advance
    You should make sure your clients are fully aware of the risks involved in buying links before you do anything else.

Comments on this post

• JohnAimit agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Deparco,
    Are we talking about your client's ranking in G's My Business listings or their rankings in G's generic SERPs? I'm reading your question as relating to the latter.

What's your client's service industry? I'd expect most service industries to be low search competition markets in a small city of 1.1 million people.

G is placing a lot of importance on location in its ranking algo these days and it knows the world has been trying to spam location searches for years.

Does G strongly identify your client as a real Birmingham business? What history does your client have as a Birmingham business? Does it have a geographic address of long standing that G can recognise? Has it been recorded in Yellow Pages, My Business, Facebook, Gov't business records for a number of years, etc.?

If the business is new, it may simply have to earn its stripes and gradually progress up the G. rankings.

1. Page Speed
    Forget it. This is not a positive G. ranking factor. Too slow (maybe a minute to load) and G may penalise a page but at present there is only a small fixed G. algo ranking boost for every mobile enabled page.

2. On-page Factors
    Who says you score well for on-page factors? How do they measure this?

Before you get to this point, you need to decide which individual search words your are targeting.

3. Location Search Targeting
    In addition to showing G via 3rd parties that your client is a Birminham based business...

Does the word "Birmingham" occur on:

• Every one of the client's web pages?
    • In every page title?
    • In the content of every reviewer
    • In the content of every client's case study
    • In the image alt tags of every client
    • In linked images alt tags

4. Worry Beads
    When I see you created 50 citations in a short period of time, I'd be very concerned that this rate of change may suggest SEO spam to G.

Most of my SEO clients over the years have targeted potential customers in a city 4-times the size of Birmingham. I've never needed to build links to their websites in order to build their businesses.
  7. No Profile Picture

Smile

I would advice you to Get the High Quality backlinks from forums, websites which have da pa atleast 40+
    Also you can do one more thing is that you can use tools like "no dofollow" for searching the Dofollow Links.
  9. No Profile Picture

You can use local site submission and long tail keyword that is better.
  11. No Profile Picture

Have you tried looking for guest posting opportunities on local websites?
  13. No Profile Picture

Try these tasks,
    Blog commenting
    Youtube commenting these may help you

Comments on this post

• IvanDrago : No.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think high quality backlinks creating is the best option for you now.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Litonkrl,
    The problem is, how does Google assess backlinks? They don't just use "quality" in this assessment they also use "relevance" to the search query.

To my knowledge, no SEO tool can measure them because they can't assess their "relevance" to the different search queries.

5 Sep 17: Google: We Ignore Tons Of Links But Which Links Is Almost Impossible To Figure Out

Google's Illyes Quote:
    "...it is "close to impossible for you to check which links are actually deemed critical." So why bother trying to figure out which links are important and which links are not if there is no way for you to do so?"

"Gary then added that Google "ignores tons of links" and that even if you collect data from Google Search Console and third-party tools " that you won't know which ones are absolutely critical."'

What do we recommend now?
  19. No Profile Picture

we should tell all the risks involved in the buying links for an seo