Thread: Backlinks

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Backlinks

I wanted to clear my concept of what backlinks are, as far as I can understand you have to post your article link
    on authority websites, social sharing and post it on forums, now what i want to understand are 2-3 things

1. If a competitor website has an xyz forum as a backlink, is it as simple as me creating an account and posting
    my link of the article in hot topic forums? I dont understand why people would click on my website from there

2. Do i have to go nd post my links each and every time i post on website to that same backlink?

3. Do i like just post the link of the website as it is, or should i make it as an anchor text, what difference does it make?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Backlinks are just like backbone. If my backbone is strong we can stand straight for long time. Backlinks are also same If my backlinks are strong then our site stays at top rank on Search Engine. And every search Engine prefer High PA and DA backlinks. Difficult tasks for every new comer in SEO. I suggest to all new and experience person of SEO.

Comments on this post

• matt1966 : Why are you talking about domain authority?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes the concept of your back linking is fine but the thing is that many experts consider back linking as black hat technique so they will recommend you to not follow this pattern.
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Don't post your articles on forums. Nobody cares, you look desperate and it will not affect your ranking in the slightest - if anything it'll make your site look spammy.

You need to remember that backlinks can do your site harm AS WELL as good. Forums, the majority of directories, hell - 99.9% of sites which you can post the link on manually, will not help your ranking at all. More than likely do the opposite.

If they're no-follow links, forums and directories aren't too bad. If do-follow, it's a no no.
    Last edited by matt1966; Dec 22nd, 2017 at 06:03 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Basically start with simple link building, like business listing, posting quality content in top DA and PA article sites. Do some blog posting, be active in relevant forums, classifieds posting etc.
  11. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

like business listing
    No-follows aren't going to effect ranking, and if do follow they're probably spammy, so no.

posting quality content in top DA and PA article sites.
    Why are you talking about DA and PA? again, if do-follows, it'll be spammy if they accept guest posts

Why are people so obessed with Moz's metrics ...
    Last edited by matt1966; Dec 23rd, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture

Backlink - it's used to increase your website strength. It can be classified into internal link external link and backlink creation is one of the best way to beat your competitor easily.
  15. No Profile Picture

Backlinks are one of the strategies in SEO mainly it will increase your website traffic and increase your website rank.
  17. No Profile Picture

Also important to note is that not all backlinks are the same. 10 meaningless backlinks that are buried somewhere deep on a shady page aren't going to be as valuable as 1 backlink prominent backlink from a reputable site.
  19. No Profile Picture

Not all backlinks will work the same. Backlinks that are non relevant, dis-valued or spammy will not work. There are still some top quality directory listings that work. It's important to maintain some of these link building placements.
  21. No Profile Picture

Hi Matt
    I'm no seo expert just a small business owner so in saying that.
    I would of thought people should follow Page Authority and Trust of that page to build exposure ( genuine exposure via content marketing and establishing yourself as an authority in your niche) and you get a good back link.
    For instance twitter, google , University / Gov sites all display metrics that the site is trusted. So if we follow these metrics it could help in establishing more exposure / traffic ,
    Creating brand awareness and better back links to rank your website and obtain leads. My thoughts were it would make your site more trusted, like vouching for people.

My other query is, Do follows are " page ranking links" whilst " No follow" links will not increase your page rank .
    This was stated by Matt Cutts in one of his blogs / 2014 about Article / blog posting. If this is correct and you get links from top trusted and authority sites, that are " follow links" shouldn't
    that be a good thing? If it was a spammy site, they would not be trusted anyway.

Again i am no expert and clearly would like advice and direction in my pursuit to grow my own business.
    Last edited by zayd687; Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.