Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Backlink update delayed? Xmas Lag algo?

Backlink delay for updating I suppose google is being extra careful updating thier backlinks before the holidays, they have been like clockwork the past updates except for the oct,18th roll back but have a look at the consitancy of the previous updates which is irritating because I scheduled my advertising to run till now for this backlink update and now no update !!! Grrrr to think of all my advertising dollars wasted if they don't update soon . Does anyone have any idea how long google keeps backlinks in their cache or valid before they re-evaluate and drop them if their disapeared?

Previous days between G backlink updates 9 updates.

11 but rolled back * doesn't count *
    46 re-evaluated google error not a good example caused this longest update time

Last update for backlinks Occured on Oct,28

25 days and counting * Very strage things going on at google right now *

If their isn't a Backlink update soon their will be no honey moon ! I have 9630 backlinks waiting no reason for them to get sandboxed or softened but heck I would be happy if they just added my highest PR ones and say only 300. only 5 of them would give me PR 6 and huge boost to my serps but as we all know PR has nothing to do with serps.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly believe that you see the benefits from the backlinks within a few days regardless if the results from the link:-command has changed or not...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Yes the benefits can be seen in a couple of days.

I expect that toolbar PR and backlinks will show as updated in mid-January.
  7. Banned

Originally Posted by sem4u
    Yes the benefits can be seen in a couple of days.

LOL do you believe in sata clause too?
  9. BlackHat SEO Pro ;)

Originally Posted by jontelofot
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly believe that you see the benefits from the backlinks within a few days regardless if the results from the link:-command has changed or not...
    I beleive that is correct although maybe not a few days... Links have more value once they have been on a site for a while.

B/L update isnt anything special anymore so I dont see what all the fuss is about.
    Last edited by awicked; Nov 23rd, 2004 at 07:10 PM.
  11. Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by awicked
    I beleive that is correct... As soon as G finds your links it will give an effect (bad or good) within a few days. I'm sure I've seen many people say this before in this forum.

B/L update isnt anything special anymore so I dont see what all the fuss is about.
    So I should be in the top 10 right now since I see 9630 links in the database but google has sandboxed them so I won't make number one position for my Digital Camera website so your saying the value of all these pr8 links and etc shouldn't up my ranking to even the top 1000 thats laughable since even yahoo puts me in the top 10 for digital camera ebay or ebay digital camera. Just funny how this is the case and they havent even fully indexed my site yet and google has, so either google is much slower than yahoo ha ha, or thier is a sandbox effect and my links are giving me 0 credit oh well I only spent over 13,000 with adwords I don't expect any special treatment guys since I probably payed a few paychecks over their at google.

cheers,
  13. BlackHat SEO Pro ;)

or thier is a sandbox effect and my links are giving me 0 credit
    Exactly... New links dont really give you much of a boost. Once the link has been on the site for a while then you will see more of a boost. They give some credit to start just not much.

When a b/l update happens it dont mean that update of the serps is going to happen like you seem to think. I see movement in the serps every few days.

so your saying the value of all these pr8 links and etc shouldn't up my ranking to even the top 1000 thats laughable
    When did I say that?

Just funny how this is the case and they havent even fully indexed my site
    Well it sounds like the site is new? If so, then you probably are sandboxed and new links or not, you aint moving up in the serps for a while.
  15. BlackHat SEO Pro ;)

One other thing... using the marketleap tool I see your site only shows 46 backlinks tops and thats on yahoo.

If you went out and got like 9000 links in the last few days/weeks then thats gonna ring alarm bells at google.
  17. Banned

One other thing... using the marketleap tool I see your site only shows 46 backlinks tops and thats on yahoo.

If you went out and got like 9000 links in the last few days/weeks then thats gonna ring alarm bells at google.
    you cant help it if you do paid permotions. So if google does that its crap. If i do a major overture campaign and the links on high volume pages rings bells over at G i suggest G take the bell and throw it out the window.

All new sites are not sandboxed, and the backlink update is huge is this a SEO forum I would think you would you all would know better.
  19. Banned

I suggest you try a real backlink checker as well lol

Yahoo
    Results 1 - 10 of about 242 for linkdomain:bargainfindsonebay.com
  21. BlackHat SEO Pro ;)

All new sites are not sandboxed,
    This might be true but when your going for a term that returns 17 million results I wouldnt expect to see results over night.

and the backlink update is huge is this a SEO forum I would think you would you all would know better
    Your only reading my opinion on this mate. Just because I say something doesnt mean it is the view of this forum.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I don't see any dely. If we get an update in the next week,
    I'd consider it right on target.
  25. Banned

Originally Posted by n_a_nutshell
    I don't see any dely. If we get an update in the next week,
    I'd consider it right on target.
    My thoughts exactly.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by bargainfinds
    and the backlink update is huge is this a SEO forum I would think you would you all would know better.
    A visable backlink update is huge? Don't know where your getting your info, but we know better than that
  29. Banned

Originally Posted by christophera
    A visable backlink update is huge? Don't know where your getting your info, but we know better than that
    I don't care when the visable backlink update is I want' to know when the current crawl is going to be done.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: