1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

backlink effect in 2017

hello

I heard from a seo expert that link building or backlink effects will be decrease in 2017 and I want to know is it true? is there any one who knows any reference that introduce me?

Comments on this post

• raibishal : I don't think so
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

If you ask about link building then my answer it never worked and also will not work in future but if you ask about link juice then I must say the hole SEO is moving around this factor,

For some predications of 2017, I suggest you should read https://searchenginewatch.com/2017/0...r-seo-in-2017/ and https://moz.com/blog/8-predictions-for-seo-in-2017
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Contributing User

thank you faisal

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you for mentioning my real name
  7. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Follow below links that save your and our time.

The "Great Threads" Thread
    The Difference Between Being Indexed and Ranking
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Jan 29th, 2017 at 07:33 AM. Reason: referrals
  9. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Matt Cutts stated a few years back, that one day Google hoped to be able to evaluate the merit of a site without factoring in the amount of IB links going to it. Currently, I consider Google to be the Citizen's United of the internet. They most definitely favor big links when giving out the most competitive serps. Maybe it is changing? I can't yet tell and have yet to read anything to support that claim.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hello.

Links are still an important factor in Google's ranking algorithm. I think link building and back link effects will decrease in 2017, in the sense that, Google will try to be more specific when defining quality links. Meaning, you need to be more specific and strict on targeting specific audiences to be tagged as a quality link. At the end of the day, reduced effort on building links and back links will result to a limited reach.

Comments on this post

• raibishal agrees : can you explain me how you think that link building effects will decrease in 2017
  13. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google has been moving off of links being an important ranking factor for 8 years

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  15. Contributing User

Not sure anyone outside of Google (i'm guessing that's who you're referring to) will know for sure... although you might find some official changes documented that may hint to current and future changes.

'Decrease' is quite general. Are you referring to the total effects a backlink can have on a site or are you referring to specific scenarios?

Personally... i see a trend towards backlink URL relevancy becoming increasingly important. Think of it this way: Google don't want SEOs f@@@ing around with things. Therefore, if it was me... i'd make it as hard as possible for SEOs to manipulaet the system. I've seen that the relevancy of keywords in the URL seem to becoming more important. For example, if you sell dog food on your site, you might see links from www. doglovingsociety.com, www. welovek9s.net, etc. IMO authoratative, relevant domain names are hard to fake... so it makes sense to view these as important for a site. This is incontrast to anchor text, which is relatively easy to manipulate. So... maybe less importance to anchor text will be given in the future when compared to inbound domain names.

Can i just add... this is completely subjective and i'm just throwing this, rather losely, out there.