1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Avoiding "doorway" pages

Since I teach in multiple locations and have heard that it is bad to say Shoreview violin lessons, St. Paul violin lessons, Crystal violin lessons, would it be okay to just have a menu tab for violin lessons and just put the cities, St Paul, Crystal and Shoreview (I have physical locations in these cities) underneath the menu tab, violin lessons? I would like to keep different pages for each of the cities on proviolin.com since each city has a different map, address, etc. Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi violingirl

First you have problems with limitations with your menu system being limited to how many drop down items you may have. ( this item is enough for me to scrap your current theme immediately )

You can have pages for each location, but they will be tricky to do and not cause problems for you because of your lack of knowledge. You need to understand how to do so and not cause Google to slap you site down in the serps. This will present you with a rather long learning curve.

I am sure you are quite good at teaching someone to play the violin. From the questions you are asking I can see lots of confusion, don't do this, do this, avoid this, this is okay, etc etc.

May I suggest that you farm your site out to a local SEO firm near you. I say this for a lot of reasons.... ( please take no offense )

Your current site design / theme, if it has not changed in the last few days, is bad and needs a make-over.

Your are asking some of the same questions over and over, just rewording them. They sound different, but they are not.

Again, my advice is to hire out this work to a local Seo firm in your area. You will get faster results.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, what should I read to get answers to my questions? I don't want to be dependent on a web developer forever.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by violingirl1978
    Ok, what should I read to get answers to my questions? I don't want to be dependent on a web developer forever.
    One solution to this question I provided for you just the other day, April 7th

Go read this post ......

Punctuation for SEO

specifically read post #6 in that thread.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Great, thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Placing doorway page in the website is the black hat technique

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton : It's not because this should not be done that it is black hat...