1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Article submission, Social bookmarks and Local search

Hello,

I have an SEO company that I work with as of right now and I've noticed couple of things that I'd like to share here and get some quality response if possible.

As far as I know if you have 10 links on certain website pointing to your website it still counts as just 1 link by Google ...Is this correct?

My SEO guys are submitting 10 different articles to the same website ! Is this the way it's suppose to be ? Does Google consider them as different when all of them are on 1 website ?

Same thing with Social bookmarks ... 1 website with 10 links pointing to me with different anchor text?

About Local search I'm publishing every week about 50 small articles with specific city/state in each article and the appropriate meta tags and links with the same city/state. I'm planning to publish about 750 of those articles , but I have some larger cities that are mentioned in 10 - 20 of those articles.
    My question is, if it's better to have only 1 article that has Ex: Chicago,IL or it's ok to have 20 articles with Chicago,IL..?
    Does Google see this as spam if I have 20 similar articles with Chicago,IL inside ?

I appreciate your response .

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture

I guess I won't get any response on this one for free
    If someone is interested send me a PM and I'll pay for your advise. I gotta get an answer soon
  5. No Profile Picture

I see your thread where you are looking for SEO help is closed.

If you are still looking then please pm me

Thanks

Si
  7. Raghvendra Tripathi
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by montauto
    Hello,

I have an SEO company that I work with as of right now and I've noticed couple of things that I'd like to share here and get some quality response if possible.

As far as I know if you have 10 links on certain website pointing to your website it still counts as just 1 link by Google ...Is this correct?

My SEO guys are submitting 10 different articles to the same website ! Is this the way it's suppose to be ? Does Google consider them as different when all of them are on 1 website ?

Same thing with Social bookmarks ... 1 website with 10 links pointing to me with different anchor text?

About Local search I'm publishing every week about 50 small articles with specific city/state in each article and the appropriate meta tags and links with the same city/state. I'm planning to publish about 750 of those articles , but I have some larger cities that are mentioned in 10 - 20 of those articles.
    My question is, if it's better to have only 1 article that has Ex: Chicago,IL or it's ok to have 20 articles with Chicago,IL..?
    Does Google see this as spam if I have 20 similar articles with Chicago,IL inside ?

I appreciate your response .

Thanks in advance
    Why invest so much time in writing artilces for other sites? where they'll very quickly be pushed off the main pages of the article submission site by other submissions. Once away from the main pages there'll be too little link juice available to keep them in the main index, and the link will thus have little to no value.

Why not in place of writing 10 articles for article directories you write something solid, useful for your visitors and post it on your own site? build some authority some trust and links will follow you by themself.. thats what i can suggest

Social bookmarking sites are great way to drive quick visitors to your website but they will not help you much in your SERP rankings

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : SEO Brilliance!
    Last edited by rohit_tripath60; Jul 22nd, 2010 at 07:08 AM.
    Competing on Internet require something more than a website and that is Search Engine Optimization :

Raghvendra Tripathi ( Not About SEO)
  9. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Article submissions, Press Release submissions, 99.99% of directory links, form sig links are a great tool for those who don't know what they are doing. Fills the day and they go home satisfied that they got links.

Unfortunately those methods provide no benefit to SEO.

Comments on this post

• rohit_tripath60 agrees : Teach me the art of Sarcasm
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jul 22nd, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
  11. Raghvendra Tripathi
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Article submissions, Press Release submissions, 99.99% of directory links, form sig links are a great tool for those who don't know what they are doing. Fills the day and they go hame satisfied that they got links.

Unfortunately those methods provide no benefit to SEO.
    he he, solid advise, you made me laugh with your statment KernelPanic " Fills the day and they go hame satisfied that they got links. " ha ha

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo