Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Article Submission and Press Release

Hello friend,
    Article Submission and Press Releases, which is most important in seo and why ?
  3. No Profile Picture

In my openion, Article submission is better than Press Release.
    it gets more traffic than press release.
    Article submission is very easy than Press Release.
  5. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by epkgupta
    Hello friend,
    I prefer press releases... but neither of these are great methods for sustainable backlinks because:
    Both PR and Article sites tend to archive material rather quickly, thus degrading the value of the link(s) and requiring repeat submissions...

Both require an article. If it's bad it won't get listed. If it's good, you should have added it to your site. Good/great quality content on your site is far more important than a short-lived backlink frmo an article directory... (PR's can be more valuable if accepted by news websites that don't simply accept PR's from anyone and everyone... those that do are no better than article sites).

A one-way, permanent, targetted text link from a relevant/good quality website beats both of the above hands down.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees
    • Dice79 agrees : Article submission = Crap Links, PR can be good.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  7. No Profile Picture

In my opinion article submission is good as it is mostly free but press releases are mainly paid. Article submission is more beneficial for link building too...

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : article submission is not so beneficial for linkbuilding (see my post above)
  9. No Profile Picture

Both are important as far as SEO is concerned. Articles provides information about particular product. Press release provides information about the latest information about the product.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : Neither are important (see my ereasons above) and he didn't ask what they were, he asked which is most important and why!
  11. No Profile Picture

Both are important, Article submission can create a no. of good backlinks whereas Press Release brings Quality Traffic to your sites.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I prefer article submission as it can makes both backlink and traffic for your website better than press release submission. But if your press release can be approved to very important news websites i.e nytime, its the best one and can help you a lot.
  15. Cool bra. Go with Christ!

Originally Posted by johnchris25
    Hi..I just want to know apart from getting traffic to our site article submissions will also provide me backlinks or not..??
    Read my previous post... It will get you backlinks but they aren't sustainable and there are far better ways to get permanent links.
    As for traffic - there are also much easier methods (social networking for instance).

If you do submit articles which are good enough to attract traffic wouldn't you rather they were on your own site?
    socialbookmark]I prefer article submission as it can makes both backlink and traffic for your website better than press release submission
    Why better?

@all: I already explained why both of these methods are flawed for seo purposes... If you're going to present a contrary opinion, be good enough to explain why. (Statements like "both are important for seo" are meaningless if you don't explain why)!
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would say articles as if they are good realy good they may get syndicated increasing the number of backlinks.

Dave.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with Clicky, from my experience article submission yields crap links.

With a good reputable site and an interesting PR submission sometimes it can get picked up by good resources.

We did a Giveaway, giving a way an iPad. Because we had Apple iPad in the text of the PR, it got picked up by 100's of quality sites. Did it right when the ipad was hot though so timing is important.
  21. Cool bra. Go with Christ!

Originally Posted by dave-solidairwe
    I would say articles as if they are good realy good they may get syndicated increasing the number of backlinks.

Dave.
    That can happen but is rare.. and if iit's that good I'd much rather it was on my own site.

Originally Posted by Dice79
    We did a Giveaway, giving a way an iPad. Because we had Apple iPad in the text of the PR, it got picked up by 100's of quality sites. Did it right when the ipad was hot though so timing is important.
    Yes...
    Any form of offsite seo can work well if you think outside the box
  23. No Profile Picture

Smile article submission and press release

i think article submission is better than press release because article submission increase the more backlinks and also easy submission than press release
  25. No Profile Picture

Actually articles submission and press release,both are important and beneficial in seo because both give strong backlinks so I always prefer both in my seo activities for site.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by epkgupta
    Hello friend,
    Both are important, You Will get good contextual Link Through Article Submission...
    Press Release are important for any business announcement
  29. No Profile Picture

What's the different between article and press release?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: