Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

article publishing frequency

Hi.

we have a CCTV online store.
    every 3 days exactly at 10 am, an article is published.

our competitors don't publish articles often, maybe an article every month. with keeping this in mind,

my question:

Is it necessary to publish articles every 3 days?

if we publish an article every 5 or 7 days, we have more time to edit old articles and work on their content quality, on-page seo, page title, meta discreption and so on.

what do you guys think about this? isn't doing this better?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Quantity is Absolutely No Substitute For Quality.

You have answered your own question here...

Originally Posted by kiasati
    if we publish an article every 5 or 7 days, we have more time to edit old articles and work on their content quality, on-page seo, page title, meta discreption and so on.
    But if you need confirmation that this is the correct thing to do.....

Simply put... YES

Turning out an article every 3 days is really more of spam content than of quality content. As you have mentioned, your competitors are only publishing an article every month. Take a lesson from them, publishing a single High Quality Article every month will out perform 10 low quality articles every time.

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees
    • JamboWapzid agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial

Turning out an article every 3 days is really more of spam content than of quality content. As you have mentioned, your competitors are only publishing an article every month. Take a lesson from them, publishing a single High Quality Article every month will out perform 10 low quality articles every time.
    the content we publish now every 3 days, is not low quality or spam. we publish good content.
    and our competitors are two groups, the first group doesn't publish content, and the second group doesn't publish content as good as us.

our old content isn't spam, they're just not good enough

actually, my question is that which option is better:
    1. publishing high-quality content every 3 days,
    2. or publishing high-quality content every 5 or 7 days + working on old content's quality and refresh them.

Comments on this post

• abways agrees
  7. No Profile Picture

What is and what is not thin content is up for debate. You say you produce high quality content. Be that as it may, most people think they can write Best of Web Content, most don't.

The definition of thin content is not what most think. Thin content is nothing more than content that offers no value, and it can consist of 1500 word articles or 500 word articles.

If you are publishing High Quality Content there is no need to publish articles every 3 days.

Here let me give you a rule of thumb of how I gauge High Quality Content.

Does the content generate Backlinks from the viewers that read it. A simple question, Yes or No. If no, it isn't Best of Web Content.

That is the purpose of generating the content right, to generate natural backlinks to your site ? Are other real world entities mentioning your content, that is the yard stick you need to be using.

There are a lot of unknowns here. A sample of your content, what condition the site in question is in, to name just a couple.

Have you even considered this....
    How often does Google scan your site, we call this the Crawl Cycle. I can tell you not every three days, nor every week. Personally I feel I have done a good job if I can convince Google to visit a site every 2 weeks and update it's index and cache. So now we take into account how often Google comes around and if it is 2 weeks then that is how often I would post material. Determine that cycle and use that as to how often you post new content.

The important point here is this...
    You post an article every 3 days, then you are pushing down that content that is older on your site. You haven't given the content a chance to even see if it makes a difference. You could have posted a good article but because of your posting frequency you have no idea if it gains traction. SEO and Digital Marketing is about testing what works by careful examination of what methods you're using. Then when you find what is working repeating the process over and over, hence the term "Rinse and Repeat" what works.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 26th, 2018 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Clarity
  9. No Profile Picture

Slightly off the question, but how can I know how often Google visits my site? I only asked since it's been mentioned in this thread, and I have found it an interesting point.
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You can tell by looking at the cache.
    And how can you have great content if you need to edit it, unless I read it wrong.

Comments on this post

• JJBorg agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

Thank you for answering my question about the cache. I'll just have to figure out how to do that...

I don't think the part about having great content needing editing was from me, but thank you for this as well
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JJBorg
    Thank you for answering my question about the cache. I'll just have to figure out how to do that...
    Simple,

execute this command >>>>> site:yourdomain.com

Then in the search results, click the little green down pointing triangle in the green link, it give you the option to view Google's cached version of you page which includes the date. Now do this every day until the date changes. When it does you now know the amount of time between visits.

Comments on this post

• JJBorg agrees
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 27th, 2018 at 01:50 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Publish according the need of your customers, understand what specifics they need to know and publish about that. A short video message, short write up about a specific item or topic, but remember it NEEDS to have added value, otherwise it is indeed regarded as spam. A lot of people make the mistake to write long novels, people are not going to read that. 2-3 mins max. for a video message and something like 4-5 sentences for a social media post.
  19. No Profile Picture

My goodness...that is simply brilliant. I've used site:yourdomain.com to check if my sites have been indexed, but never ever imagined that I could check Google's cashed version. Many thanks for this
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    How often does Google scan your site, we call this the Crawl Cycle. I can tell you not every three days, nor every week. Personally I feel I have done a good job if I can convince Google to visit a site every 2 weeks and update it's index and cache. So now we take into account how often Google comes around and if it is 2 weeks then that is how often I would post material. Determine that cycle and use that as to how often you post new content.
    first thank you for your good explanations and your time.
    I publish content every 3 days, exactly on 10 am to tell google my publishing pattern.
    and after doing this for a few months, a new article is indexed below 24 hours.
    I check this by searching this on google: "article title site:www.mysite.com"

does this mean that my Crawl Cycle is under 24 hours?

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    how can you have great content if you need to edit it, unless I read it wrong.
    because they are old content and they need to be refreshed and updated.
    Last edited by kiasati; Sep 27th, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture

Ok, you executed the command and found the first date... now you need to check it again for when it changes. You need two dates to check the cycle.

For your crawl cycle to be 24 hrs you would probably need to have a PR 7 or higher site. If you are having the ranking issues that you do, I doubt that your site is that important in Googles eyes.

I could be wrong.

What is the domain name if you don't mind sharing
  25. No Profile Picture

One quick question about your response. Why are you telling someone they need a PR7 or higher site for a certain crawl rate? I thought google stopped updating PR for any site years ago?
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by coreymanshack
    Why are you telling someone they need a PR7 or higher site for a certain crawl rate? I thought google stopped updating PR for any site years ago?
    A good question.

No they have not stopped using PR. Google has removed it from public scrutiny and you nor I can or anyone else to my knowledge can determine the PR value of any site with any accuracy (unless of course you work at Google and have access to PR ). They still use it internally. From past behavior if you had a pr 4 or higher link pointed at your site, you could expect it to rank on page 1 in short order. Some of the faster ways of indexing sites in the past was to get a link from High PR sites. Then the site the link pointed to would be indexed rather quickly because here is a PR 7 or higher site linking to it. That still holds true to this day in my opinion.

For a site to be indexed by Google every 24 hrs then that site must be extremely important. If their site was that important in the eyes of Google then the OP would not be here asking such questions. They basically would not have any ranking issues what so ever I would think.

Here, take this very old post... It tells us that Facebook in 2011 had a PR of 10. Now we know Google has since forced sites to follow the "NoFollow" rule so or suffer consequences. Facebook now has stopped giving out "DoFollow" links to everyone. Does that mean the Facebook's PR has dropped from 10, maybe, but how far did it really drop, maybe 9 or even as low as 8.

If you take the time to search the net you can find the last known and recorded Page Rank of many sites. Find quality sites, take the time to write a really High Quality Article, take the time to get it under the nose of those in control of said sites, hopefully get the article published. May take you a couple of months to accomplish, but the return is rather Fantastic. Just going out and publishing 3 articles a week, or 1 a week, well it can work eventually but I have better things to do than produce fluff and thin content.

I like the aspect of getting a really high quality link, in the PR5 or higer category... why ?

Because it is worth 10 pr 1 links x 10 pr 2 links x 10 pr 3 x 10 pr 4 = 1 PR 5 link.

That breaks down link this...
    It is equivalent to 10,000 pr 1 or 1000 pr 2 or 100 pr 3 or 10 pr 4 links. Which had you rather build, the 1 link or the alternative ?
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 27th, 2018 at 06:38 PM.
  29. No Profile Picture

Did you rank first for your keywords? Continue to do this at least once every 5-7 days. You can lose your position if your competitor starts writing quality articles. I think that once in 3 days it is often enough. I don't know your niche. You must evaluate the relevance of your news.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: