1. No Profile Picture

Any tool/way to measure relevancy for a website?

lets say you want to measure the relevancy of a website for a specific Kw, how do you go about it? if I want to measure the relevancy of a site for the KW "climate change" is there any tool or way to do it? (terrible hypothetical example but hopefully you get my point)
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Honey_Bunny
    lets say you want to measure the relevancy of a website for a specific Kw, how do you go about it? if I want to measure the relevancy of a site for the KW "climate change" is there any tool or way to do it? (terrible hypothetical example but hopefully you get my point)
    Weren't you in that Tarantino movie?...

I get what you're saying but I think your most accurate tool would be Google search results? If you rank #200 for Climate Change then your measured score could be 200, right? Look in Webmaster Tools as well for any hints of relevance.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm not aware of any SEO tool that can measure website "relevancy" for any search query.

Google does not rank websites, it ranks web pages, so a site relevancy measurement is an impossiblity.

There are many SEO tools that offer metrics like "domain authority". Go and read what the SEO tool companies say about their site or domain SEO metric and how it should be used. You will find they do not measure what you seek.

They have nothing to do with relevancy of any search term. G has said repeatedly that it does not and never has used "domain authority" in its ranking algorithm.

Google does not even assess search phrases like, "climate change". It assesses how pages rank for the individual words, "climate" and "change". The exact sequence only has a minor impact on a page's ranking for the term.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Measure a relevancy of a site? I am not sure if I heard a tool to check on that. What I read, though, is that your site's page should be relevant to your keywords. They all should be in line. This means that whatever your keyword/s is/are, it/they should be reflected on your website. If it's about climate change, then the content of your web page must be centered about that. Google would rank sites better with that idea. That's what I understood. Now, I don't know if there's a tool for that.