1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

analyzing a few type of backlinks

I checked 100 top backlinks of one of my competitors.
    it has 4 kinds of backlinks:
    1. it has build some blogs on different blog providing services and published some articles that it has published on its own site with anchor text linking back to the site. is this method a good way to build backlinks?
    2. in it's backlink list there are some article pages that have a lot of "pingback" to different sites. one of these "pingbacks" is this competitor's address. what is "pingback" and isn't it a spam kind of backlink? example:
    Code:
    http://wikedania.lecture.ub.ac.id/2016/05/classification-of-educational-research-writing-3/comment-page-96/
    3. comments under articles in different sites. again, isn't it spam?
    4. it has signed up on some sites and it has put the site address in profile page.

it's obvious that this site has paid for backlinks. if buying and spam backlinks are bad, how this site has good ranking in google?

my competitor address:
    Code:
    https://www.pouyabin.com/
    Last edited by kiasati; Dec 27th, 2017 at 10:44 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

In the first option, Backlinks are generated by using PBN (private blog networking). this is good for short-term advantage. If you'll do the same you end up doing something wrong.
    In the second option, You are talking about pingbacks and trackbacks. These are sometimes used to create the backlinks. Wordpress has a facility to notify you when someone links your article in their post. But this is not always good to have a pingback and trackback. Because sometimes people use this trick to show you that they have linked you and as you approve their comments they will somehow tweak that and create their own backlink instead of you.
    In the third option, you are talking about blog commenting. This is not the wrong way to create backlinks. You can do that. But remember that you must comment on relevant blogs.
    The last one is not so worthy. But for newbie bloggers, It could be helpful.
  5. No Profile Picture

" comments under articles in different sites. again, isn't it spam" Blog Commenting personally works very well for me. Just make sure that blog you are commenting is from same niche or category and is of good authority
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Beginnersblog
    In the first option, Backlinks are generated by using PBN (private blog networking). this is good for short-term advantage. If you'll do the same you end up doing something wrong.
    so your saying that i should stop this? bcuz i have created some blogs and published some articles with backlinks.
    Originally Posted by Beginnersblog
    In the second option, You are talking about pingbacks and trackbacks. These are sometimes used to create the backlinks.
    is this a spam way to build backlinks? my competitor has got positive effect from it.
  9. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Blog commenting is spam. 90% of the time they're no-follow links, meaning no SEO value... if they're do-follow, the links will be VERY spammy, as that website will have SOOOOO many outbound do-follow links, linking to other spammy sites. Boom, your websites in a bad, spammy neighborhood - suddenly your "link building" has been massively counterproductive as Google's devalued your site. DO NOT do blog commenting... I can't believe people are recommending this method.

PBN's are bad news, don't touch unless you don't mind your business getting destroyed one day. If you created any backlinks; they're spammy. It's that simple. Only way you could create a backlink and it not be spammy would be human edited directories... but even here, most SEO's say that they're spammy and don't bother submitting into these anymore.

First things first, sort your websites issues out. Create good content, people may link to you. From other threads, I've noticed you don't know what search engine you're targeting. In my opinion, get the basics right before anything.. know what you're targeting, sort your website out technically.

Don't fall into the trap of copying your competitor, you'll more than likely fall flat on your face. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Last edited by matt1966; Dec 28th, 2017 at 09:54 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

It's my opinion got through the web2.0 sites. write quality content with keywords and put a hyperlink for that keywords with your page then get good backlinks to your website.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by matt1966
    Blog commenting is spam. 90% of the time they're no-follow links, meaning no SEO value... if they're do-follow, the links will be VERY spammy, as that website will have SOOOOO many outbound do-follow links, linking to other spammy sites. Boom, your websites in a bad, spammy neighborhood - suddenly your "link building" has been massively counterproductive as Google's devalued your site. DO NOT do blog commenting... I can't believe people are recommending this method.

PBN's are bad news, don't touch unless you don't mind your business getting destroyed one day. If you created any backlinks; they're spammy. It's that simple. Only way you could create a backlink and it not be spammy would be human edited directories... but even here, most SEO's say that they're spammy and don't bother submitting into these anymore.
    no PBN, no blog commenting, so what? what can i do to get backlinks? i should sit down waiting for the page to get backlinks itself?
    my competitor has done all these spam things and has got good results, how come?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

17. No Profile Picture

In my thinking, you can create web 2.0, guest posting backlinks with high quality content and put a hyperlink for that keywords with your page then get good backlinks to your website.
  19. Contributing User

Spying on your competitor is good to know where they are driving links from but you don't need to follow it blindly. Have your own ways to build links because you have to stand-out!
  21. No Profile Picture

if we blog commenting on irrelevant niche website then what is the impact of this
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For the first type, I can comment that this process is called web 2.0, if you post quality , fresh content then it is very good for traffic as well as ranking.
    For the second type, sharing links for the competitors is a smart strategy but pingbacks is not good.
    For the third type, blog commenting is very good and considered as quality link building and comments should be informative and should add some value to that article. But before commenting to any kind of article we should check the article is related to our services or not.
    According to me, 4th one is a complete spammy.

Comments on this post

• IvanDrago : Nonsense.
  25. No Profile Picture

Yes, you are absolutely right. making the spammy comments will not give any benefit. So it is better to write more quality blogs to get backlings
  27. No Profile Picture

Yes, you are absolutely right spammy comments will not will benefit