1. No Profile Picture
    Vla
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

All Duplicate Content - What should I do?

I have a client`s site which have all duplicate content, each article, is duplicate, he copy-pasted each article from other sites, even the pictures names, title and alt, even the page title etc.
    The client told me that I can delete everything.
    But what can I do? Because he has 2500 pages indexed, including duplicate tags, categories etc. ...

I can remove only one by one in google webmaster tools, but will take a week just to remove all of them..
    and if I let all 404 indexed after I delete them is bad for seo.
    Redirect all of them to homepage is bad for seo..

What should I do?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Deleting the pages will not affect SEO but the client has given you some job to try to recover from the mess. Just delete the pages and create a 404 page stating the page has been removed with a link to the home page (you got to direct your visitors somewhere).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

delete all duplicate content and make new sitemap and submit too webmaster
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by eliteinfoworlds
    4. For quick crawling and indexing Ping your all content. Pingomatic.com is good for Pingging.
    No, don't do this. Over pinging is regarded as spamming. Let your pages get indexed naturally.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You need first off all to identify the duplicate content that you have. Use SEO tools for this purpose (cause they will help you gain time and of course they will fascilitate your work:
    Web SEO Analytics | Duplicate Content Checker --> Duplicate Content - Free SEO Tools - Web SEO Analytics
    WebConfs | Similar Page Checker --> Similar Page Checker - Duplicate content checker

Once you complete this process, just remove the unecessary content by redirecting to the pages you are going to keep.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hey Vla
    It is really a huge mess and it will take your time to straighten up all things. I suggest you to follow these steps
    1. Rewrite the content rather than deleting the pages because these pages must have achieved some page authority over time. Deleting them will make you lose this authority.
    2. If you want to delete pages, note the URLs and 301 redirect them to new pages you will make. This will resolve issue of 404 error.
  13. No Profile Picture

Follow this steps to solve your problem easy way.

1. Using Robots.txt block all contents or pages on your client website. So, whenever google crawler come and see block pages on your website robots.txt file, they start de-indexing.
    2. Now, delete all your website content delete and start to create quality, fresh and unique content and publish your website.
    3. Whenever you start to publish new content on your client website, at that time allow all the website pages using Robots.txt file. So, google crawler crawl your new content.
    4. For instant Google Crawling and indexing use Google Webmaster tool Option "Fetch As Google".
    5. Now, It is time to start On and Off page SEO.