Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Yaa ..You are right, Links are the great source in order to increase your site ranking, It's good to use appropriate anchor text, We should try to ignore "Click here" types anchor text . these kinda anchor text are just worthless.
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

So what kind of achor text we should use ?
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi CJ,
    Top search ranking is a two step process.

Step 1: You need to qualify for the search results
    The simple version is, each of the individual words in a search query should occur somewhere on an individual web page or in the link text to it.

Step 2: G assesses ranking points for each word in the search query
    To rank #1, the combined ranking points for each word in the query must be higher than all other matching pages.

The most important SEO ranking factor is the level of competition for a specific search query. The more competition, the more SEO ranking points you will need to "score" and the more SEO tactics you will need to pull out of your bag.

If you can avoid external link building, do it! External link building is the most dangerous, expensive, transient and difficult to assess SEO tactic you can use.

Some simple competition assessment tips...

1. Matching Pages

1.1 Search for the number of root terms (bin collection) pages: 4.56 million
    G gives you this number at the top of its SERP page. This is a small number of matching pages for a two word query. If your root term was "rubbish bin", G would have 158 million matching pages.

1.2 Inexact search query (bin collection Cork) pages: 13.4 million
    Still a small number of matching pages.

1.3 Exact match search query ("bin collection Cork") pages: 137 pages
    This also suggests very low search competition. It is so low that this SEO Chat thread page ranks #4 for me.

2. Compare Your Competition's SEO

The top pages I see are from Countryclean, Wiserbins and Greenstar.

I still find the quickest competition assessment tools are Google "site:" searches combined with eyeballs and brain. Run these G search queries:

site:countryclean.ie
    site:wiserbins.ie
    site:greenstar.ie

Look at the titles of each page

The only one with any sign of SEO implementation in its page titles is Countryclean. The others tend to use the title naming convention of "name of page" + "company name".

That simple check is enough to confirm that Wiserbins and Greenstar are unlikely to be implementing any effective SEO activities. If they can't create SE-friendly page titles, external link building will be a waste of time.

A closer look at Country Clean page titles shows:

Home page: <title>Country Clean Recycling Cheapest domestic waste collection, domestic refuse collection, waste management and recycling companies in Cork
    Commercial page: <title>Country Clean Recycling Cheapest domestic waste collection, domestic refuse collection, waste management and recycling companies in Cork
    Residential page: <title>Country Clean Recycling Cheapest domestic waste collection, domestic refuse collection, waste management and recycling companies in Cork
    About page: <title>Country Clean Recycling Cheapest domestic waste collection, domestic refuse collection, waste management and recycling companies in Cork
    Etc.

This is incompetent SEO!

There is such little use of effective SEO and competition is so low from any of the three sites that one of them can rank top for the search query simply by including the search query words in its page titles.

3. Compare Page Content

I've spent no time on this most important assessment. The quickest of looks suggest all 3 sites have very poor visible content.

All three sites are very poor experiences for users and SEs. Any site that is well structured around the info needed by the different types of customers for the different types of services should easily "own" this search market without external links.
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Nov 27th, 2017 at 02:04 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

link building and post quality content on the website and to drive more traffic do guest posting and article submission.
    even though they have terrible website, Google will rank them on top just because they have thousands/millions of users.
    popular online shopping sites are not according to SEO terms but they are on the top just because they have millions of users visiting the site daily.

Originally Posted by ClaireJ
    Hi there,

Just wondering what efforts can I do to increase the ranking of my website. I am currently number 3 under the keyword "bin collection cork" on google.ie

I understand they have older websites, but they have terrible websites. I have updated the meta descriptions/titles/keywords throughout the website to try compete.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

CJ.

Comments on this post

• IvanDrago : Nonsense.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: