1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Adsense "see your ads here"

Hope its new news, but only just saw this now, and am sure it wasnt there this morning.

Google is to start displaying "see your ads here" within Adsense program on partner sites, so you can sell ads direct from your site. This is great news, and I suppose in direct competition to AdBrite
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Great news for bigger sites. I kinda worry about the effect the link has on overall earnings. What do people think the chance are somebody clicking the "see your ads here" instead of an ad?

I wish Google provided some basic stats on it. Like a conversion ratio and how much in total an advertiser put on your site.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

G "Advertise on this site" LIVE

Just to let everyone know that the little text link at the bottom of the AdSense ads saying "Advertise on This Site" is live. It will be interesting to see if AdSense publishers will see an increase or decrease in revenue share
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I signed up!

I changed the profile in my adsense account and uploaded a logo. Hope it works.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My site uses a small European language and the text "Advertise on This Site" is translated wrong. Now it says "Advertise this site" instead of "Advertise on this site". LOL. It's telling me to put Adwords ads on my own site!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Shortcomings...

They have had it for a while but there is one HUGE shortcoming and that is you can only have one site
    If you, like me, have several sites and you see the Advertise here and click on that it only shows your "main" site, the one you used when signing up for the Advertise here campain.
    So when you click on the Advertise here a totally different site name/url shows up.. so how many want to use advertise on another site and not the one they are on????
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You can have just one landing page at this time. But you do have the ability to tell about many sites on that one page.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  15. Supercalifragilistic
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

It doesn't help if you don't want people to connect the dots for all the sites where you are using AdSense. You don't have the ability to select a subset of your domains to include in the "Advertise on this site" and a subset to exclude from the program - it's all or nothing. Hopefully, Google will rectify this soon by allowing individual landing pages and options for participation per site.
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by marcyboy
    Hope its new news, but only just saw this now, and am sure it wasnt there this morning.

Google is to start displaying "see your ads here" within Adsense program on partner sites, so you can sell ads direct from your site. This is great news, and I suppose in direct competition to AdBrite
    Slight problem though. Google wants everyone to use one account and add channels for different sites within this single account. Great, but if your main site is www.widgets.com and you have adsense on another site like www.foobar.com the link in the adsense on foobar.com takes you to a page that says "Advertise on www.widgets.com".
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by b2net
    My site uses a small European language and the text "Advertise on This Site" is translated wrong. Now it says "Advertise this site" instead of "Advertise on this site". LOL. It's telling me to put Adwords ads on my own site!
    The link to "Onsite Advertiser Sign-up" in Portuguese is misspelled too. I warned Google 15 days ago, but it wasn't corrected yet.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by saet
    Slight problem though. Google wants everyone to use one account and add channels for different sites within this single account. Great, but if your main site is www.widgets.com and you have adsense on another site like www.foobar.com the link in the adsense on foobar.com takes you to a page that says "Advertise on www.widgets.com".
    This is too bad really. I see the url is passed as a parametter in the link. Can't understand why they at least don't dynamically show the URL instead of this generic name