1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb 7 'Out Of The Box' Optimization Strategies I Use To Build An Authority Site. Share Yo

I thought it would be cool to have a thread on this forum where we share 'out of the box' tools/tricks that we use when launching a new site. Here are 7 tools that I have in my arsenal to quickly rank sites, get traffic and profit from it.

1. Content has become incredibly important to rank a site organically. The regular $10/500 word articles do not get you ranked as fast as before. I always aim to trigger an emotional response with the content on my site. So I start by examining blogs and newspapers in my niche to see which writers create similar content and target a similar audience as me. I then create a list of 10 - 20 bloggers and journalists that write exceptional content. These bloggers are prime candidates for my writing position. I don't mind paying a good writer $100/article if I only need 2 or 3 sales to make it back. It's worth it in the long run.

2. Claiming the brand/website property. Now that my site is live with great content, I use Brandclaimer.com to quickly outsource the account registration process on the most important sites. I simply don't have time to do this myself. I want Google to instantly know that I'm serious about building a brand.

3. ForumAccounts.com. There are sooo many forums where people talk about the products and services you offer. Do you run an e-commerce shop related to weddings? Do a search for 'wedding + forums' and start building up a reputation on these forums. With the right approach you can have an extra 100 marketing channels and send thousands of qualified leads to your site. On ForumAccounts.com you can outsource the research and (natural) account building process.

4. I created a list of 5 unconventional sites where I post high quality content myself. The sites are: Medium.com, Branch.com (good place to start social discussions), Suite.io, Quora.com and Academia.edu. All sites allow you to link to your own site. But make sure your content and links are of high quality when you publish. Google will love you for it.

5. Muut.com. One of the reasons I never started a forum is because I did not have the patience to set it up. Muut makes it super easy to integrate and manage a community on your own site. Use tip #3 in this thread to start conversations in the community that you set up with Muut. Then link from your niche forum accounts to the threads in your own community. You all know Google loves to rank forum threads.

6. Wikipedia links. The holy grail of links, right? Pay a college or university student to write a 500 word article with lots of (quality) references to proper academic studies. Post this article on a blank page on your site (no navigation bar, no images... nothing). At the bottom of the article post a hyperlink to your homepage. Go back to Wikipedia, find a category related to your site, and find a good place to add the findings in the studies. Then add your site under 'References'. You can also build second tier links this way and start linking to the sites in Tip #4 of this thread.

7. Last but not least: Stampnote (note app) + Serpfox.com (rank tracker). After I complete a task I quickly note down the task I completed. I can exactly see which days I am being lazy and when I'm being super productive. It holds my team and me accountable and I can see if the work we put in is producing results.

All these things combined will help you build an authority site in no-time.

These are my 'out of the box' tools and techniques.

So what about you, what are your 'out of the box' marketing tools?

Comments on this post

• KarnRawat agrees : good thread
  3. Contributing User

Muut.com is definitely a good option for me, i created a profile in MUUT and embeded in my website. Thankyou for the tip about creating wikipedia links!.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

7 'Out Of The Box' Optimization Strategies I Use To Build An Authority Site
    First thing first... define an Authority Site?

Using your post as a reference... it reads more like "use loopholes to scam your way to the top" as opposed to actually creating an Authority of anything.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I don't see anything wrong with what is proposed by the OP. It's OK to say "create great content and let it do the work" but if competitors are busy doing exactly the sort of things being set out here then you need to keep up.

In other words if your competitors are "scamming their way to the top" but in a pretty legit way then you need to as well.

Muut.com is a newcomer though and I'm still failing to see how it is better than Disqus or Intense Debate. Waiting to be enlightened .....
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  9. Contributing User

The OP posted some names that I hadn't visited for a while so I took a moment to go back and see if anything had changed.

Academia.eu - this is really to the most part a kack article site. I mean just have a read (or try to have a read) of this: SEO and Backlinks in Year 2014 - what is the value of backlinks in 2014? | Andreas Kloss - Academia.edu. I wouldn't want any of my content alongside this sort of stuff and only a matter of time before Google bins it (if it has not done so already) as a content farm.

Quora.com - a bit less spammy than Yahoo Answers but only a little. I never see this site rank for anything though and its constant attempts to get you to login is really off putting. I can't see the value of participating here?

Medium.com - another article site (and content farm) but nicely formatted for tablets! Lists and lists of articles but no real way of knowing if the people who wrote them have any authority making the content worth reading....

Suite.io - OK, want to start a blog without setting up WordPress ... do it here. Again another one where I've never seen any of its content in the search results and there's a fair amount of garbage even though, like Medium, it is nicely presented garbage.

Did I miss something positive ;)
  11. Contributing User

Will that Wikipedia trick work??

Comments on this post

• KarnRawat agrees : hope so !
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Contra
    Will that Wikipedia trick work??
    Getting referenced on Wikipedia isn't that hard if you have some genuinely useful content. You don't need to create a page without headers, navigation, etc. either - I don't know where that idea came from?
  15. Contributing User

Somewhere between your modem and your browser
    haven't checked any of these except the first link, but a good share it's such a rare thing people actually posting links, normally people just seem to want to play who's got the bigger ego