#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy 5 months and still nothing


    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum but so far i like what i see. i look forward to learning plenty of new and interesting techniques.

    right now i have a big problem. i put a site up about 5 months ago and was waiting to see what rankings i would get with what i had. the problem is even now, it does not show up anywhere. even if i type the address into any search engine it comes back with nothing. not even click here to see if this site exists.

    i am completely confused and unamused. have i done something ridiculous for this to happen?

    i'm relatively new to all this but something does not seem right here.

    anybody have any ideas.

    the website is "ourweddingwebsite.ie"
  2. #2
  3. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,803
    Rep Power
    352
    Originally Posted by lambay
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum but so far i like what i see. i look forward to learning plenty of new and interesting techniques.

    right now i have a big problem. i put a site up about 5 months ago and was waiting to see what rankings i would get with what i had. the problem is even now, it does not show up anywhere. even if i type the address into any search engine it comes back with nothing. not even click here to see if this site exists.

    i am completely confused and unamused. have i done something ridiculous for this to happen?

    i'm relatively new to all this but something does not seem right here.

    anybody have any ideas.

    the website is "ourweddingwebsite.ie"
    You have done nothing majorly wrong, apart from not get any external links...
    Think of links as votes... google will see that a lot of really good quality websites are "voting" for your website with the anchor text "wedding Dresses" or whatever your keyword is. The more links/votes you get the better.

    Also you need to redirect http://yourwebsite.com to http://www.yourwebsite.com. Currently they are considered two different webpages by google.

    Also i dont understand why your header is flash... it has no animation on it... and currently google is finding it difficault to read everything in a flash file so the links might not even be followed. You should make them html text links so they will pass value.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    14
    http://forums.seochat.com/link-popularity-43/link-building-101t-124545.html

    You also have to tell google to index it. Just search Add URL to Google on google.

    If you build some incoming links, you don't need to "inform" google about it.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    HI Lambie,

    You have just created the website and left. There is a lot to do both On-page optimization and off-page. To get indexed in the google you need to do link building. Mainly concentrate on Onoage and off page. If it is something new to you better consult outsourcing company which provides you seo services.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Roa
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    19
    Originally Posted by Antonyseo
    If it is something new to you better consult outsourcing company which provides you seo services.
    I'm going to have to disagree here. Even if lambay is new, it depends on how much time he has to learn, how able is in grasping SEO and how much it would cost him to spend the time learning SEO over paying for it.

    Lambay, if you have the time and willpower, keep reading posts on this forum in order to learn SEO. Doing your own SEO means you'll be intimately familiar with how your site works. Even if you decide to go with a company, the knowledge you can gain by reading will make sure you understand the value of the services they're selling.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    thanks everybody


    thanks very much guys, there is a lot of helpful info here and clearly i need to get busy with some things.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    0
    I see this problem alot. Once your site is online you should setup webmaster tools and add your xml sitemap to it, at the same time submit your homepage url to google.

    You can monitor whats going on from inside of this tool as well such as if your site has been indexed or not. It will also kick up any errors google might have with crawling your site, if the errors are fixed then there is no reason for google not to index it.

    If your site hasnt been indexed in 5 months then there is something wrong.

    Hope this helped.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,

    Well, you have not done anything wrong but unfortunately you have not done anything valuable for your site. 5 months is a good long time where you could have invested effort. Howevr, never mind, its never late than ever.

    I could see that there is no backlinks, you must start link building excercise. Be assured that you take links from thematically relevant sites, it must have good PR, the page should not have more than 30 outbound links, should not be from link farm or directory.

    I could also see that not of your keywords are ranking. The keywords which you have choosen are not appropriate. Moreover, the choosen keywords have no density on your homepage. You need to make your content SEO complaint.

    Well you could start with these 2 points, however there are various other ways in addition to the above points to promote your site. One you are using it right now is participating in forums. It was intelligent to give your site id in this thread so that people could click.

    Keep it up and keep posting
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Roa
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    19
    Originally Posted by Nancy Kneoteric
    ...the page should not have more than 30 outbound links...
    Where did you get this from?
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up This stuff is golden


    Originally Posted by Nancy Kneoteric

    I could see that there is no backlinks, you must start link building excercise. Be assured that you take links from thematically relevant sites, it must have good PR, the page should not have more than 30 outbound links, should not be from link farm or directory.

    I could also see that not of your keywords are ranking. The keywords which you have choosen are not appropriate.
    Thanks Nancy, when you say backlinks do you mean i should have links to relevant sites on my site or i should ask relevant sites to have a link to me?
    Do you know a good site to check keyword stats?

    thanks again Nancy and everyone else, this stuff is great, i should have done this 4 months ago!
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Roa
    Where did you get this from?
    Hi Rao,

    Well it is just an estimated figure. People do link for 75 or even 100 links. But it is said that you could develop authority for your site when you link to pages with less outbound links. it is because once you are linked that page share its link juice with you.

    Hope it helped
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by lambay
    Thanks Nancy, when you say backlinks do you mean i should have links to relevant sites on my site or i should ask relevant sites to have a link to me?
    Do you know a good site to check keyword stats?

    thanks again Nancy and everyone else, this stuff is great, i should have done this 4 months ago!
    Well you should ask other relevant sites to give you space to place your link on their page. Please avoid to get a reciprocal link. It would be good if it is one way.

    However, you could also give link to other sites on your site. Try to give it on inner pages so that way you would have out bound links but do not have to share much link juice
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Roa
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    19
    Originally Posted by Nancy Kneoteric
    ...it is said that you could develop authority for your site when you link to pages with less outbound links. it is because once you are linked that page share its link juice with you.
    What does your site linking to another site have to do with this? You said that a page linking to you should have no more than 30 outbound links.

    If you're saying that its good because the PR that the other site has is divided up less when they have less than 31 links, then that's a different story. Even so, unless this has been tested, I would say any kind of link limit you're going to look for on a site that may link to you would have to be relative. Wouldn't it be better to have a link from a relevant, authoritative site with 50 links than a link from a new, untrusted site where they only link to you?
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    0
    Lambay this is how it works, search engine robots use something called a index just like you get in a back of a book. When the robots go out they use the index as a referees to find websites.

    The first sites the robots visit are the BIG ones like BBC, .GOV sites as the information on the sites are informative its not selling anything its just serving up quilty content, once they have finished crawling the big sites they follow the links and crawl the one down the link and so on.

    So what people are saying is if you create backlinks then the robots will find you through that method.

    Now the second bonus from doing that is your keywords should climb up the search engines.

    You want to create as many backlinks from relative sites as possible so relavant categories on directories, blogs, social bookmarking, article submission etc. But it will only work if the sites code tells the robots to follow links, so if you use firefox with the seoquake extension it has a tool in there for finding sites with follow activated.

    hope this helped I know its a bit long but hoping it will give you a better understanding for whats going on with the comments.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo