Thread: 2018 seo

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

2018 seo

As many SEO people say that SEO is a change in few years, they also say that some SEO activities like ;- forum posting, blog commenting, directoriey submiison are old seo tactics (bt if i am serching on google for seo activities, then i got many websites who wrights on SEO and they mention these activities are most important for better SEO). so my question is what is new seo tactics and where to start? i am newbie and looking forward to make career in SEO but right now im totataly confused which activities are best for SEO parctice. Help me guys
  3. No Profile Picture

Those tactics are outdated. They used to be relevant around 2007-2008, but now? Naah. Forum links, directories, bookmarks etc etc could be beneficial if the deciding factor when it came to backlinks was quantity - which it isn't. What matters is the quality of a backlink. The methods you have listed could pass some link juice but the ranking benefit would be insignificant. A backlink's quality is directly proportional to how difficult it is to acquire that link. If you can build that link just by signing up and submitting your website, anyone can.
  5. No Profile Picture

As you know I am a newbie, so what kind of activities you should prefer for practice?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here are the SEO trends that we need to focus on:
    1. Mobile First Indexing
    2. Voice Search
    3. Semantic Search
    4. Knowledge Graph
    5. Content
    6. Link Earning
    I have read a very good article on these SEO trends and sharing the link with you: 13 SEO Trends for 2018 The Future of Search Engine Optimization: https://www.radon-media.com/blog/13-seo-trends-for-2018-the-future-of-search-engine-optimization/ )

Comments on this post

• ppres74 agrees
    Last edited by dzine; Feb 2nd, 2018 at 07:41 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Through well-planned SEO tactics, you can have windfall gains in terms of traffic from Search Engines like Google. SEO plays a crucial role on Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. Following are the andvanced SEO techniques to get rank and gain traffic to website:

1. Long Meta Description
    2. Proper Internal Linking
    3. Image optimization
    4. Give importance to site loading time(speed)
    5. Place Imporatnt Keywords
    6. Structured Data
    7. Website should be responsive
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Start with learning how G search now works.

Paul Haahr video
    SMX West 2016 - How Google Works: A Google Ranking Engineer's Story

Note that it ranks pages based on how individual search words are used on a matching page and on those that link to it.

G is very concerned with trying to identify the searcher's intent and now uses RankBrain to manipulate the selection of pages that match the query before/after applying its ranking algo.]

Ranking for frequently used keywords has become more complex because of this RankBrain intent complication.

The SEO now also needs to understand the searcher's intent. No SEO tools help with this activity that I know.

You can throw out the old SEO rule book for ID'ing useful external links. G does not use all external links to boost page rankings for specific search queries. According to G, no SEO tool vendor can ID crucial links nor can G Analytics.

A couple of recent SEO's articles:

10 Dec 2017: Advanced SEO Strategies for 2018
    Author: Michael Martinez, SEO Theory.

29 Dec 2017 video: How to Rank in 2018: The SEO Checklist - Whiteboard Friday
    Author: Rand Fishkin, Moz

My 10 cents worth...

1. G's switch to searching a mobile based index will have huge SEO consequences for many sites. This is not about whether pages are mobile enabled or not so much as possible changes based on site structures and HTML code.

2. The constant growth in voice search and its use on non-phone and non-desktop devices will have a profound effect on what SEOs need to address.

IMHO, this video has not had the attention it deserves:

Mar 2016: SMX West 2016 Keynote: The Future of Search with Beshad Behzadi

How is the SEO to optimise for the search examples discussed here?

3. How we use search is changing

One of my frequent search patterns is to use G as a spell checker. Folk could not use G for this function a few years ago. Now its users are distorting frequently used keywords metrics.

These days people are using G answers for many questions where they don't actually click through to a web page.

The 2018 SEO will need to interpret the marketing communications intent behind frequently used keywords before they even start with how to score ranking points for a top of SERPs position.
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Feb 3rd, 2018 at 02:28 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by mohd sahabaz
    As many SEO people say that SEO is a change in few years, they also say that some SEO activities like ;- forum posting, blog commenting, directoriey submiison are old seo tactics (bt if i am serching on google for seo activities, then i got many websites who wrights on SEO and they mention these activities are most important for better SEO). so my question is what is new seo tactics and where to start? i am newbie and looking forward to make career in SEO but right now im totataly confused which activities are best for SEO parctice. Help me guys
    SEO has changes and will continue changing moving forward.

One thing I would say is if you are following information found online, then millions of other people can view this information. If millions of other people are applying the same tactics then the positive effects become minimal.

Google is really looking to try and answer questions for the user. It wants to display on its index websites that interest the user and keeps the user reading.

What I would do is start writing some interesting information. So if you are writing about say mobile phones, the use Google Trends to find what type of mobile phones people are interested in. You could write a guide about that phone.
    Also pay attention to how you format the page. Don't just add text, text, text, text. Add some more elements that makes the page attractive to the eye. Break up the text, add graphs or diagrams, add images (preferably not stock images), add tables, bullet points etc.
    The on-page is the easiest thing you can fix to better your quality score and then you can go on to building links.

For building links, you can post on forums, directories etc, but I would not rely on this tactic alone. I would try and get articles written up on guest posts related to your niche and get links back from there.

I think this would be a good start
  15. No Profile Picture

I think SEO is the thing which is getting tough more and more because their is allot of competition. So for better SEO results you should keep yourself up to date.
  17. No Profile Picture

Hey! You're 100% right that a lot of a the 'older' tactics don't work as well as they used to. Some of them still work though!

So what's "new" and hot?

These days it's becoming a contributor on large publications and posting there regularly. Once you established yourself as a trusted author on major sites, you can include links back to your sites and it will pass quite a lot of juice. We also had the scholarship technique which was working well (until 10beasts was manually penalized for doing it!).

Focus on the link techniques that get you both juice AND traffic (people clicking on your links) and you'll be successful.
  19. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by mohd sahabaz
    As you know I am a newbie, so what kind of activities you should prefer for practice?
    Shadab, I don't want to discourage you but SEO is a very tough nowadays. Getting links and dominating Google is an old story. Many previous folks are trying out paid advertising through Google, Facebook etc. So it will be better option if you learn this

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  21. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Shadab, I don't want to discourage you but SEO is a very tough nowadays. Getting links and dominating Google is an old story. Many previous folks are trying out paid advertising through Google, Facebook etc. So it will be better option if you learn this
    There are still 10 sites on the first page of Google, SEO is mainly a long-haul job now. Just because you can't easily trick Google by building links anymore, doesn't mean it's a non-existent or irrelevant profession in my opinion. As it's more long-term, you could argue that you get to keep your clients for longer.

I'm personally glad it's more challenging. Makes SEO's less lazy and encourages SEO's to create genuinely awesome sites - which wasn't needed before. Makes SEO's think out the box, and actually do what a marketer is supposed to do opposed to sit on a chair and buy links from Fiverr "in the good old days".

Saying that, Prof.Stan is a veteran in SEO - so his opinion is definitely worth taking on board. Would be handy to learn both really - a lot of SEOs go down that route.
    Last edited by matt1966; Mar 1st, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
  23. No Profile Picture

that's really big headache to link building with the help of forums, is there any other way to work on link building and creating backlinks ?
  25. No Profile Picture
    GHS

Hi
    this really good question
    this my website related SEO please check it
    https://comparebox.pk/cars/toyota/prado

27. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by matt1966
    There are still 10 sites on the first page of Google, SEO is mainly a long-haul job now.
    Matt, First, thank you very much for giving me the reason respond back to you from my side as this is an interesting post by you....... I like it......
    I just Google "SEO Services" from Indian IP but on my laptop I find only two sites on my screen those are paid to listing you can also review this
    But I didn't find both sites on the first page of Google and I am sure these sites will get more queries than other organic listed sites those are in the first page...
    Just because you can't easily trick Google by building links anymore, doesn't mean it's a non-existent or irrelevant profession in my opinion
    You are absolutely correct but question is which is the better option?
    As it's more long-term, you u could argue that you get to keep your clients for longer.
    But now your client couldn't stick more with you for a long if you are not the expert is completely digital marketing including content, paid etc...
    I'm personally glad it's more challenging. Makes SEO's less lazy and encourages SEO's to create genuinely awesome sites - which wasn't needed before. Makes SEO's think out the box, and actually do what a marketer is supposed to do opposed to sit on a chair and buy links from Fiverr "in the good old days".
    I worked for "UK IT Contractor company" and we build a team those are working for linkbait strategy, we wrote a title "The IT Contract From Hell Story" and published it on the site and result was remarkable than organic results. So the point was dominating on organic results and succeeding in your niche was different in the previous days also.
    As you give the example of Fiverr, I had a good experience with this site actually in my previous company content team write the content but you know Indian sentence formation is different than the US, so we figured out some US-based editors and after editing, we provide to the client for final approval. Most of the time we got approval from the client end. So, It helped us to optimize our costing. Therefore, it depends how we utilize any outsourcing platform?
    Saying that, Prof.Stan is a veteran in SEO - so his opinion is definitely worth taking on board. Would be handy to learn both really - a lot of SEOs go down that route.
    I have retired from my SEO I stick around because I love SEO Chat and you guys I hope you will get my points
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
  29. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google is an advertising agency, nothing more. They make money when someone clicks the link in a paid placement. There is no question that Google is making it harder, even virtually impossible in many cases to rank organically on the first page. Even if you do get there in many cases you are the 40th or 50th link on the page. In the USA a good (not great) paid search guy can command a 6 figure salary. An SEO guy, not even close. They're a dime a dozen and struggling to somehow stay relevant. Because of this I would go with Professor Stan's advice and learn paid search.

Comments on this post

• jandesigner01 agrees
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: