Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

2018 keyword research

Recently I read a post in a blog of neil patel. In that blog it is clear that google is not going to rank by keyword any more. They show results by topic for search terms. Now i'm confused is this means SEO is dead? If so what can we do now?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is the reference of that post or update as i have not heard anything like that.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Tandra
    Recently I read a post in a blog of neil patel. In that blog it is clear that google is not going to rank by keyword any more. They show results by topic for search terms. Now i'm confused is this means SEO is dead? If so what can we do now?
    Is it what you concluded from the blog or you have shared what you have read in-between the blog?

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Valid point
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

whatever what do you think about SEO in 2018. What kind of changes can be happen in seo
  9. No Profile Picture

Its not that google has completely ignored the keywords. But Neil Patel post says we need to have correct combination of exact keywords with exact placement of keywords plus sprinkling of LSI keywords in order to make the post more relevant to user’s query.
  11. No Profile Picture

I think it is not possible.Because if you want to search any word or whatever a search term then you are searching a keyword which is a long tail or short tail keyword.
  13. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I think you miss-understood the point of the post.

Today Google way of ranking websites have change. Exact match keywords have less importance because the algos behind the ranking are much smarter. Look into semantic search and you'll find effective ways to do keyword research and get keywords insights.

Regarding the famous SEO is dead statement, I can't disagree more. As long as there will be natural listings in SERPs SEO will not be dead and I think it will never be, it's just getting more complex and harder than building random links and stuffing keywords, as a result people that are not able to get results say : Oh it is dead that's the reason. Truth is it's not and I would love to be able to answer this statement by: Sh*** the F*** ** and get back to both learning and working instead of complaining.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Yes exactly
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I totally agree with Pierre Benneton. Ranking in Search Engine is getting complex each day. The only way to survive is by constant learning and keeping oneself updated.
  17. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Yes in the most cases Seo is dead. Now need learn more on paid marketing.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  19. No Profile Picture

Lol Seo is nowhere close to be dead... yeah lets close down all domains, all seo companies and agencies, its best we pack our toys and go home
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Tandra
    You read a post in a blog of Neil Patel that Google is not going to rank by keyword anymore and you are asking SEO is dead?

Then read the blog of Neil Patel in which he was saying - "People have been saying “SEO is dead” ever since SEO was born. And guess what. It’s not dead yet! If you’ve ever Googled “is SEO dead,” you may have seen this website (seoisdead.net).
    To read this blog you can search on google is SEO dead? the blog of Neil Patel will tell you everything.
  23. No Profile Picture

Kindly share the referrals where you studied about it , i didn't heard about it, SEO can't be dead but some changes occur i think.
  25. Contributing User

No there is no any this kind report For better detail you can read about google Rankbrain algorithm.
  27. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Yes in the most cases Seo is dead. Now need learn more on paid marketing.
    I have a client that spends close to 10K in PPC. I usually get him more Organic clicks than the PPC provides, and often a lot more clicks.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes people invest money on digital marketing rather than seo optimization because everyone looking for rapid results in google
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: