#1
  1. Always Wrong
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking 20 Important Page Level Ranking Factors


    Heres an infographic I made recently to liven up the Google Ranking Factors Page Level List:


  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Power
    2962
    You got some metrics in there that are of no use... sorry

    Keyword density, umm nope
    Meta Description, umm nope, but it will help with CTR
  4. #3
  5. Always Wrong
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile


    Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    You got some metrics in there that are of no use... sorry

    Keyword density, umm nope
    Meta Description, umm nope, but it will help with CTR
    You disagree? How about then we pick a long tail keyword and you use the keyp hrase 0% in the body of your page and i'll use it 0.5% and we'll see who wins?
    For the meta description the benefit relies upon your ability to entice a higher click through rate, which is a ranking factor.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    I am agreed with the infographics points.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Power
    2962
    Keyword density, is it a ranking factor

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysond.../#788f2a8278dd
    https://www.hobo-web.co.uk/keyword-density-seo-myth/
    https://www.medialounge.co.uk/is-key...ill-important/
    https://www.wordstream.com/keyword-density

    I could provide more to back up my opinion that keyword density is not a good metric to chase. If you choose to chase this so be it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the animal drink until it wants to. The point I am making is that the keyword density is different for every page on the net. There is no magic keyword density ratio. You could have a document that is 2500 words and use a keyword 16 times and be keyword stuffing, and that ratio is only .6 percent. Again, keyword density is a poor metric to chase. I stand my ground on that.

    Originally Posted by seangugerty
    How about then we pick a long tail keyword and you use the keyp hrase 0% in the body of your page and i'll use it 0.5% and we'll see who wins?
    Are you trying to stack it in your favor, lol.. I think so.. I have no need to compete with you, I am just stating that keyword density is not a good metric to chase.

    but here I will use this site as my proxy,,,

    search term "is it christmas" keyword density 0%
    the number one search results is a page that has a single word on it ... "NO"

    Here is the Google search




    I think that settles that, what do you think ?



    I agree with you CTR is a metric to chase, but again the meta description is not a ranking factor, as you have yourself stated it is not a ranking metric...
    Originally Posted by seangugerty
    For the meta description the benefit relies upon your ability to entice a higher click through rate, which is a ranking factor.
    So is the meta description a ranking factor, nope, and we both agree on that. Also note, Google will change your meta description to suite the searchers query. A lot of pro's don't even use a meta description, they let Google create one on the fly by omitting it. Are they wrong ?? I think not.

    There are some that will argue that CTR is not a ranking factor, I however and not one of those. If you get the meta description wrong, Google will change, if you get it right, your CTR may go up, if it does good job, but in the end it is not a ranking factor on it's own.

    So in those areas I think your info graphic is not correct. Don't take it personal mate.

    Edited to add...
    If you had stated that CTR is a ranking factor and is influenced by your meta description I would agree with you. But the way you display it in your info-graphic is misleading in my opinion. ie the fine print is where you state that CTR is the ranking factor and the description is not.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jun 6th, 2018 at 02:06 AM.
  10. #6
  11. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    818
    The infographic shows a clear lack of understanding of SEO in my opinion. If you're trying to teach others in a skill, you need to know your stuff.

    - There's no such thing a duplicate content penalty...
    - "Keyword in description tag" nope. Meta descriptions are not a ranking factor, the use of keywords within it isn't a ranking factor
    - More words - No, it's the quality of words. More words will obviously rank for more terms though.
    - Keyword density is SEO from the 1920's
    - Scaling your images is even more important than compression
    - "Page loading via html" doesn't make sense to me
    - Amp isn't a ranking signal


    Side note: Spelling isn't good at all, and it's visually poor (don't mean to be brutal here)
    Last edited by matt1966; Jun 6th, 2018 at 05:33 AM.
  12. #7
  13. Always Wrong
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking


    The infographic shows a clear lack of understanding of SEO in my opinion. If you're trying to teach others in a skill, you need to know your stuff.
    Well I must admit I didn't pioneer these concepts of SEO, in fact numerous experts give reference to these and it is dubbed "200 Google Ranking Factors" So Not that getting endorsed by NY Times and Forbes Magazine means anything in terms of SEO, these individuals that arbitrated the list, are pretty knowledgeable. At least in my opinion.


    - There's no such thing a duplicate content penalty...

    Really? Then would you care to explain the purpose of a canonical Meta Tag other than to waste time and space?

    Or better yet... What does this mean right here?

    "In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users, we'll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved. As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results."

    That's from a pretty reliable source as far as Google is concerned:

    support google com /webmasters/answer/66359?hl=en

    So yes that is a penalty, getting removed from Googles index for "Duplicate Content" lol!

    - "Keyword in description tag" nope. Meta descriptions are not a ranking factor, the use of keywords within it isn't a ranking factor
    I stated clearly that isn't:
    "Not A Ranking Factor, However It is known to increase click through rate, which is a ranking factor"

    But it's important because enticing your potential visitors into clicking the link effectively benefits your click through rate. If you disagree let's do this you make your meta description "WARNING!!! GOOGLE HAS DETECTED MALWARE ON THIS PAGE DO NOT CLICK" and I'll add the keyword and we'll see who ranks/gets better traffic and is higher up in the overall results. :-)


    - Keyword density is SEO from the 1920's
    Actually if you don't use the word on the page, Google can't rank you for it. So lets pick a longtail you include it in the body 0% i'll include 0.5% and we'll see who ranks. Interested?

    - Scaling your images is even more important than compression
    Fair enough

    - "Page loading via html" doesn't make sense to me
    I agree, and the infographic is from an article that I wrote which explains what that means, and how essentially is the mechanism by which Google crawlers index pages. During the process it can take aspects of the HTML data and deturmine the load time with remarkable accuracy.

    - Amp isn't a ranking signal
    So what your saying is if you do something Google wants you to do proactively you think that it wont benefit you and your overall ranking? I disagree.


    Side note: Spelling isn't good at all, and it's visually poor (don't mean to be brutal here)
    Fair enough! The size is noted, and on my domain im implimenty a magnifying glass hover over effect, thanks for the feedback.

    Comments on this post

    • KnowOneSpecial : You are wrong on many points here
    • Pierre Benneton : I back up KnowOneSpecial
    Last edited by seangugerty; Jun 7th, 2018 at 02:15 AM. Reason: missed slash in quote tag
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Power
    2962
    Originally Posted by matt1966
    There's no such thing a duplicate content penalty...
    Originally Posted by seangugarty
    Really? Then would you care to explain the purpose of a canonical Meta Tag other than to waste time and space?
    The simple answer --- a canonical tag is used to tell Google which piece of content is the original and therefore which page to send the almighty Page Rank Juice to !!! Google can sometimes get it wrong and show different pages for the same search when there is content that is duplicated. It is therefore in your best interest to help Google so your pages rank properly.

    LOL.. hey have you ever researched "duplicate content penalty".. obviously not or you would not be stating there is a dup content penalty. Mate you cup is full and I can't help you.


    You are twisting the reference for your own purposes...

    Originally Posted by Google
    In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our user
    The key here is "IF Google perceives an attempt to manipulate the SERPS" it will remove the the content from their index. Not because it is duplicated.
    So again you got it wrong. I can see that no matter how it is explained to you, you are convinced there is a penalty, but in fact there is not !

    Originally Posted by seangugarty
    Actually if you don't use the word on the page, Google can't rank you for it. So lets pick a longtail you include it in the body 0% i'll include 0.5% and we'll see who ranks. Interested?
    Again you are so wrong, as per the example I provided you with the search term "is it christmas" The website that ranks Number 1 has a single word which is "NO". You don't understand obviously.
    I will say it again, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the animal drink.

    Originally Posted by seangugarty
    I stated clearly that isn't:
    "Not A Ranking Factor, However It is known to increase click through rate, which is a ranking factor"
    Actually your info graphic is labeled "Page Level Ranking Factors" and in your info graphic you state in big letters "Keyword in Description Tag" leading the reader to believe it is, which you then state using much smaller print that it helps CTR. This is somewhat deceiving.

    I find many things wrong with you post. The accuracy of you post is left wanting. You post has some points that are valid, but it has many more that in my opinion make it exceedingly incorrect ! This is dangerous when folks are searching for correct definitions and answers.
  16. #9
  17. Always Wrong
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok so for starters, this is where I obtained the information for the infographic:



    "is it christmas" The website that ranks Number 1 has a single word which is "NO".
    This would be a compelling argument, however I can tell your an intelligent person and you know the answer to why "NO" is ranking #1 in google it's the backlinks. So my proposal of both you and I starting a page at the same time with no backlinks on a longtail that would be clearly in the wrong direction as to the point obviously being that there is a benefit to having the keyword in the body of the page.

    Yes, the density being within a targeted area, that is relatively wide 0.5%- and heres the thing the infographic bases it off 2.5% but truthfully 5% is the point in which it's going to impact you negatively, because your stuffing keywords. so overusing the word impacts you, and of coarse not using the word at all can negate the advantage you would have had. But yes, I think we both know if Forbes The Guardian, and MoZ all point links at your single word on a page, that it will rank in Google, we can move past that now! :-)

    You don't understand obviously.
    I will say it again, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the animal drink.
    Horses don't do SEO... Thank god! :-P
  18. #10
  19. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    881
    Rep Power
    818
    You're majorly misinterpreting a lot of things. I've been in SEO on a daily basis for maybe about 3 years. KnowOneSpecial has been in the game for around 15 if I remember correctly. If we're both saying that you're misinterpreting things, and getting a lot wrong, I'd put my bets on us probably being right if I'm going to be honest.

    Post what you want to your readers, but you will look like an absolute mong to anybody who knows their stuff.
    Last edited by matt1966; Jun 7th, 2018 at 09:36 AM.
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Newbie
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    If i understand right we just use description to attract people and therefore keywords isn't obligatory?

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees : Yep
  22. #12
  23. Always Wrong
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    If I understand right we just use the description to attract people an therefore keywords are not obligatory?
    Yep, and it's very much on you to decide what your going to put in it and whats going to get you the most visitors. Me personally I include it because it's statistically proven that websites that do tend to rank higher.
  24. #13
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0
    I didnt found anything new in your infographic but it contains everything we have been seeing in authoritative blogs!

Similar Threads

  1. Which Important factors makes ON Page Optimisation better
    By mecoinst in forum New User SEO Questions and Answers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 26th, 2017, 05:49 AM
  2. What factors are important in Alexa ranking apart from number of users and page views
    By hamid1987 in forum New User SEO Questions and Answers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 8th, 2016, 07:49 AM
  3. Googles 200 Ranking Factors - What are the most important factors?
    By backlinker in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
  4. The most part Important Factors for On Page Optimization
    By Stanley Brown in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
  5. Yahoo Ranking important factors ?
    By henrydik in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo