1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Your opinion on this site...

www.glikco.com G is not listing it at all. PR0!!! Before November it was in top 5 on G. G shows no BL but in fact there are over a 100. Does anyone see anything in the site that would get us banned or penalized? This site is listed in DMOZ but you can't find it doing a search there (search is broken apparently)

Thanks for your consideration and advice.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

maybe temporary... Please be patient Zman and give few days to Google. i am seeing lots of offline datacenter. Hope that everything will be okey just in few days.
  5. <- Have you read my blog?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Your search - link:http://www.glikco.com/ - did not match any documents.
    Please do a forum-wide search for "backlinks".

Thank you,

Hexed
    www.Three-Way-Links.com - Amazing way to increase your rank with Google - trading three way links!
    Free Online Games - free online games - what else could you want?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by hexed
    Your search - link:http://www.glikco.com/ - did not match any documents.
    Please do a forum-wide search for "backlinks".

Thank you,

Hexed
    No BLs becuase the website deleted from Google index

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...www.glikco.com
  9. Zen Master
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi zman,

Did you e-mail Google to explain your situation and ask them what was going on? It does seem like a ban. Unless you've done anything else naughty it might have had something to do with that unusual flash redirect that you have since removed. Maybe they took that to be cloaking.

A sure fire way out would be to change domain name and host, but you'd be loosing all those back links. Maybe try changing host. Definitely mail google - they are quite good at answering.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by VORD
    Hi zman,

Did you e-mail Google to explain your situation and ask them what was going on? It does seem like a ban. Unless you've done anything else naughty it might have had something to do with that unusual flash redirect that you have since removed. Maybe they took that to be cloaking.

A sure fire way out would be to change domain name and host, but you'd be loosing all those back links. Maybe try changing host. Definitely mail google - they are quite good at answering.
    Thanks for the reply Vord,
    I did email G and they sent a human typed email saying the matter was being sent to their engineering dept. That was about 2 weeks ago. No reply from them since. I did think about changing the host and domain name but wanted to see if anything might happen with G.

I don't think we've done anything underhanded or at least not on purpose.

Changing the host might be a good idea though.
  13. Zen Master

I had a good look at the site a few weeks ago and all looked like fair play - apart from the redirect which was well intended but suspicious looking.

Has anyone tried Google answers where you pay 25 to get an answer the next day. Would that work for this sort of thing. You'd think if they were going to provide a reply to the mail they'd have done it before now.

Does anyone know whether a 301 redirect from the banned site to a new site could risk the new site being banned? I would say no - otherwise I could get a site banned and point it at a competitor. That could be a way round if you decided to move the content to a new domain. Just make sure you don't duplicate content - Yahoo doesn't like that. And make sure you have a different IP block (different host).

If you are in less of a hurry then just moving the existing domain to a new host will get you the new IP. Can't loose anything - just it's only a 30% chance of sorting the problem.

Last edited by VORD; May 19th, 2004 at 03:58 PM.
  15. Contributing User

I believe google answers is just for people looking for information on the web and either don't have the time to look for it themselves, don't know how, or are too lazy