1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Website review please

Was hoping for some review of http://www.darwinchambers.com. I am the owner and webmaster. Started using css. I am most importantly concernes about rankings on Google. I rank about 9 or so for my keyword "environmental chambers" normally. On Yahoo I rank 1. I also rank #1 for my other phrase "stability chambers" on both Google and Yahoo.

Secondly, I am worried about how the website looks. Both with other resolutions and general appearance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I would guess that a few good backlinks using "enviromental chambers" as the anchor text (rather than using "darwin chambers" as the anchor text) would probably bump you up. I'm not crazy about the look of the site. I would personally either pay someone to design a nicer look, or at least buy a template that looks a little better.
  5. SEO Professional
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hi Kevin, if I were to run your website, here is what I would change:

1. Change your page title. Include 3 main keyword phrases you want to optimize for. Get rid of the rest. Get rid of the commas. Add this symbol to split the keyword phrases "|"
    2. Your H1 tag should not be a link
    3. You should add an alt image tag containing your main keyword only. Just 1 keyword. Get rid of the others
    4. You only have 11 total links containg the keyword "environmental" in your anchor text. You need MANY more links from related websites containing this word in the anchor text of your links linking to your website. This is why you're not ranking in the top for "environmental chambers".

Those are a few of the things I'd quickly change. Best of luck to you.

Brad
    Get Your FREE SEO Guide on how I managed to grab the #1 position on Google
    for hundreds of extremely competitive keywords...

==> Get FREE Google Ranking Guide Here!
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks callenb and dazzlindonna.

I have changed what I could for the time being. Callenb, what is a good way to get anchor text to say anything but my company name when they list company names? Is there a strategy for that?

Dazzlindonna,
    Could you tell me of a website that you think looks good for my target audience? I am targeting analytical chemists. By and large, they shy away from anything flashy and too salesy. Very conservative. They, as a rule, are interested in details.

Thanks for the help!
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Kevin, if you are wanting to keep it simple, then I would suggest something along the lines of a blog template. I don't mean you should turn it into a blog. But if you look around some blogs, you'll see a lot of nice ones with clean, simple looks that still look professional. Emulating the look (without the actual blog code behind it) could make for a nice site. Some of the problems with your current site have to do with the level of graphics that you have - like the logo business card for example. It looks like a bad scan. Get someone to create a sharp logo that isn't just a fuzzy scan of a card. Hope that helps.