1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thoughts on www.cheeseline.com ?

Hi:
    I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on our new website http://www.cheeseline.com It is a commercial website that features European gourmet food and ships to Europe, US and Japan. Fully data driven, uses a max of two parameters on the public pages. It is my first attempt at a website.

We have been live since late October. We are fully indexed on MSN and rising quickly in MSN serps on our KWs. Although fully indexed on Google, we are apparently stuck in the sandbox on Google as we are not coming up on our KWs on Google serps. We are nowhere on Yahoo serps. After intially being fully indexed on Yahoo, Yahoo dropped most of our pages from their index in early December, but is back slurping one or two a day now. We are slowly building in Yahoo's index but not in their serps.

A sitemap.xml was submitted to Google, we are on Froogle, Google Base, in DMOZ, and a urlist.txt submitted to Yahoo.

I am particulary interested in any feedback regarding any SEO hints or potential SEO issues.

TIA,
    Bill
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi:
    I forgot to add that the titles are dynamic as well. Suggestions?

TIA,
    Bill
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Bill_H
    Hi:
    I forgot to add that the titles are dynamic as well. Suggestions?

TIA,
    Bill
    I guess I will ask again for critique, suggestions, thoughts. Please, please?

TIA,
    Bill
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi,

I have checked out the site, and am impresses. You say this is your first website!!

I like the navigation, simple and easy to follow.

I am by no means an SEO expert, but I am led to believe that your Title and Description should not really include the URL at the start, this is a waste of the Title and Description. Try to include your KW's in a human friendly phrase or sentence instead.

This is just a little pointer, and you can ignore if you wish.

Also, do you have a site-map. I couldn't find one. Perhaps you don't!! Its not essential, but might help!

Finally, from me, I could find no ALT tags for your images, I think these too may help.

Hope this helps. Nice site!!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi:
    Thanks for your input. Yes, it is my first website. Regarding the Alt tags, I use the Alt="" convention for images that are only used for spacing per W3C. All other images do have descriptive alt tag. There is a sitemap, and a link to it is provided at the bottom of every page. Currently the hyperlink text is only titled List, as it is not quite finished. The page itself is sitemap.aspx. At least it is there for the bots to follow from the link on every page.

What else?

TIA,
    Bill