1. No Profile Picture
    chaotic good
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you for your time: peer review

Hello,

My website http://fuega.com is an attempt to cater to a younger crowd. I sell hippie jewelry and the like and would like an opinion of my layout, etc. I don't profess to be "hip", and I understand some of the humor within my site is lost on teens, and perhaps 20-somethings.

I tried to mix convention with individuality on my site, having seen the web become contrived, I prefer to run my online store in a more personal fashion, or at least attempting a level of.

Whereas I don't expect riches from my e-commerce endeavor, I should still like opinions as to my efforts, and do expect ( I remember sleep...) some level of success.

Of course: is navigation easy enough, do you know where you are, is it easy to purchase, am I clear, is there a level of trust?

I suppose with such an endeavor these questions would be typical.

It is now the 4th incarnation of my site, changing dramatically 2 times. As it is, tomorrow I have a bit of tweaking with respect to alt & title tags, but am ok with the coding thus far, save continual "optomization"

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

brian, chief floor polisher, and daydreamer -- owner and clerk
    fuega.com

==>I do apologise. I neglected to "read before you post"
    5. Be Specific
    Please be specific about what you want reviewing. A general "Please review my site" message won't get much response. Tell us what you want fine tuning, what keywords you hope to optimize for, etc. A good example of the right kind of post may be found here"

Keywords targeted:
    Hippie stuff
    (handmade)Hemp Jewelry
    Phish t-shirts
    I don't think I'll ever do well with summer tops or dresses

I used to "own" all those phrases, now...it depends where you go. a few months ago I was #4 for hemp jewelry on Google, now I don't even rank. I have taken steps to fix that and cannot wait for this dance to end...

Again, what I really want to know is--- does it look bad. Does it work well, is my copy too cornball...am I ok with my demo, am I doing the local artist justice, is it easy on the eyes...as I mentioned, not so much a technical review rather, usability and appeal.
    I get my share of hits and people do use my toll-free number.

Thank you, and again, I apologise for not following the rules...."damned dirty hippies!"

brian
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

you need to use your keywords on the page more.

you need to get some incoming links.

the title should only be relevant to that page and not a list of so many different items in it - do not need the name at the end since most people will not see it anyway

your description should be different than your title and read as a sentence

http://www.search-marketing.info
  5. No Profile Picture
    chaotic good

Right. Thank you.

I am hoping for a less technical review. I know of and agree with what you mentioned, but my customers could care less. So many people care so much about ranking that they produce rubbish and sterile cold pages.

Of course I am concerned with placement, and will tweak for that purpose, but it would be great if someone could pretend to be a shopper. No, I'm not asking anyone to buy anything.

I think my site is easy, concise, and even appealing (although I did get lazy on some pages) but I'm not shopping.

I am grateful for this and other forums like it, and perhaps I am at the wrong forum, but today, right now, I want to know what it looks and acts like to PEOPLE.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Brian
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

sorry if I offended you in any way. I am mostly interesting in how sites look like to machines because I beleive I am creative enough to get people to like what they see just with good content.

Creativity and a couple days can make for a wonderful site design
  9. No Profile Picture
    chaotic good

Don't sweat it, you didn't offend me. I am at the SEO forum.

Out of all the folks that checked my site out...you were the only one to take time out to comment.

I just wanted to know if my site looks like ***, that's all.

Thank you.

Brian