1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Suggestion for my Website for All SE

Hi all,

I put this question to digital point forum but I got all comments for only looks not for SEO.

My web site is http://www.samif.com

Please give me your suggestion for On page SEO & Off Page seo.

My Targeted Keywords are
    1. Send Gifts to India
    2. Gifts to India

Looking forward to your support for the same.
    Last edited by FogHorn; Aug 11th, 2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: pointless anchored link removed
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Sending Gifts to India,Send Gifts to India,Gifts to India,Gift to India
    Send Gifts To India,Gifts to India,Send Gift to India,Gift to India,Gifts India,Sending online Gifts to India

Just wondering if that looked any better here than it does at the bottom of almost every page of your site.

That is spammy. Extremely spammy. I'd suggest removing it.

Your site navigation is horrible, after clicking a few random links, I never knew if I was going to stay on your site or wind up on a completely different one.

More spam:
    Sending gifts to India, Send Gifts to India,Online Gifts to India, Free shipping to India , Gifts India ,Send Flowers to India, Sending Flowers to India, Flowers to India, Cakes to India, Send Cakes to India, Send Chocolates to India,Sending Cakes to India, Send Gifts to India , Gifts to India, Flowers India, Free shipping Flowers to India

I would also suggest using phrases like "who delivers flowers to india" or stuff like that. Whatever you think people would actually be looking for if they found your site.

Half of your links are dead (link to #). If you don't have the pages yet, don't put links in. Delete them until you have those pages ready.

You have some canonical errors in your links (some go to www.domain, other just to domain). You may want to fix those also.

On some pages you put Google ads at the very bottom (where no one will ever see them).

I see absolutely no relationship between "twenty pink roses" and "offshore software development india", or any other link in that section. How could a user benefit from any of those links?

"Shop Now" buttons - What? Don't you mean "buy now"? I'm already shopping, aren't I?

When I click the category name "flowers" I would expect to see some flowers there.

Many, many empty pages. Ie. "Congratulations Gifts".

"eighteen red Roses bunch with 2kg nixed fruits in a decorated basket" This is an example of a title of a product you have used. It sounds much more like a description than it does a title. Perhaps you should shorten your titles, and change the descriptions.

You should spell check the entire website, especially if you are targeting the US.

You also need to add page titles <title>I'm referring to these</title>.

This was just a 5 minute overview of what I thought as I clicked through the site. Now if I were someone that owned a related website, that would "potentially" link to you, after seeing all these things, do you think I would still provide you a link?
    Last edited by jsteele823; Aug 10th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestions.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

further to js's comments...do I have the correct line on this site?

what I think it's supposed to be, is a site in NA culture (english speaking countries?) that allows anyone to send a gift to a person in India? yes?

if so, then the english needs some MAJOR re-writing so that it's grammatically correct to begin to convince the user that there is some initial degree of trust here....if that site is going to take my cc to process an order, then I want to KNOW that it's at the least a PCI enabled authorization level....

ie if your english ain't ON POINT, then I wouldn't trust you with my cc info....folllow me here? that's a pretty basic E-Comm trust establisher for openers...

this is a might 'beyond' all the points that js has mentionned, but I thought that I'd add it.....and while I'd not care to comment on what I think the ability of this site would be to succeed, you DO need to make a LOT of changes to even try to compete.....

Jim

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi JVRudnick,

Thanks a lot for your information I will do it in next 24 hours & I will ask again for my site to you all ppl here..

Thanks a lot for you suggestion if possible give me more suggestions.

Looking forward to your reply for the same..

Originally Posted by JVRudnick
    further to js's comments...do I have the correct line on this site?

what I think it's supposed to be, is a site in NA culture (english speaking countries?) that allows anyone to send a gift to a person in India? yes?

if so, then the english needs some MAJOR re-writing so that it's grammatically correct to begin to convince the user that there is some initial degree of trust here....if that site is going to take my cc to process an order, then I want to KNOW that it's at the least a PCI enabled authorization level....

ie if your english ain't ON POINT, then I wouldn't trust you with my cc info....folllow me here? that's a pretty basic E-Comm trust establisher for openers...

this is a might 'beyond' all the points that js has mentionned, but I thought that I'd add it.....and while I'd not care to comment on what I think the ability of this site would be to succeed, you DO need to make a LOT of changes to even try to compete.....

Jim
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Looks good for me. nice website
  13. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I'm all for using oversized footers, but agree with jsteele to get rid of those placeholder links until you develop the content for them.

I don't get the technology links on a gift site. Build another site for the technology.

I'm not sure how the site is powered - wordpress, drupal, etc. - but should work on SEO friendly URLs as well as page titles. There are several duplicate page titles. The page titles for all the nav pages need lots of work.

The English is very bad, if everyone on your staff has English as a second language, then hire an editor with English as their first language to clean up the content.

Design-wise the site is not very appealing. Which is very bad for a site that has such an appealing product.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  15. Super Moderator

Just by making your grammar prefect (hire a U.S. College Student). you will be better than your competitors. The #1 US Google result for "send gifts to India" is http://talash.com/

The grammar on that site is not correct either, but its OK and the excellent design and the wide variety of products as well as the verisign authentication adds to the trust factor.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your description tag and keyword tags are identical. You have 854 characters in each. Your title tag ought to be 65 characters at most. That is all a search result will show.
    Your description ought to be 100 characters at most. Your keywords ought to be only your main ones only, as the more you have the more the density of the important ones is diluted.
    The Send gifts to India body density is only 3%
    The Gifts to India body density is 6.4% Still low in my opinion.
    All your other densities look pretty reasonable.
    Google recommends not over 100 links on a page. You are way over the limit.

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 : Density matters not a bit.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You'd like to dramatically improve your sites SEO? You only need to do one thing. Reduce the number of TOTAL home page occurrences of any variation of "Send Gifts to India" to under 20 times. That includes title tags, navigation, page copy, h1, alt text, etc. Once you've de-optimized your site to the point where it looks natural to Google, I'm sure you'll have a shot at achieving top rankings.
    Last edited by dancristo; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
  21. Contributing User

while someone just above "dug" this thread up...I did take a minute to go and take a second look/see....and nothing has changed at all. STILL a spam laden site....sigh....

when will folks learn -- or conversely -- thank GOD there's folks who like being on page 953 in G!

Jim