Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    ducani
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Site Reviews Rules! Please Read This Before Posting!!!

Welcome to the Reviews and Critiques forum. If you are thinking of putting up your site for review, we strongly recommend you read the rules first. Remember you require 30 posts and must be an active member for at least 30 days to post in this forum.

Rules for Webmasters
    Please follow these simple rules when posting a site for critique.

1. Please use your URL as the thread title. For instance, if you are putting SEO Chat Forums up for review, then you would have the thread title/subject of 'Site Review for http://forums.seochat.com'.

2. Please post the general outline of your site in the thread, including what it is meant to do, its focus(es) and its goals. What you want reviewed and what specifically your looking for feedback on... failure to do this will result in a removal of your thread and restrictions on posting again for a week.

3. Please check it first with the W3C Validator, The W3C Markup Validation Service, make sure the site is functional and does not contain 404s or other errors which would not allow members to review it. Site Reviews is NOT the place for questions regarding site errors.

4. Please post which part you want us to critique, be it the design, layout, functionality, navigability, spelling or generally everything. Please be respectful to members who review your site, keep in mind that they are doing this for free. Rude comments about a members review will get you a warning.

Rules for reviewers

1. Be descriptive in your reviews, one-liners are not needed here. They provide no benefit to the webmaster and are considered post spamming. By continuing to post one-line posts in the Site Reviews section you risk a warning or even a ban...

2. If you are going to spend the time looking through the threads for site reviews please spend a little time going over the webmasters site to provide accurate and useful information that they can use to better their site.

3. If you want to make a recommendation on a CMS or other piece of web application you may do so, however you may not promote your own tools/software and you may not use affiliate links to promote other popular software.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jamespayne; Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Links deleted?

I just replied (helpfully) to some people asking for reviews, and concluded the replies with some links to pages I wrote on how to conduct site reviews. The links were deleted. There's no rule here against that! Besides, my answers were mroe than just the links, I have genuine helpful advice in each.

I'm a bit frustrated and looking for an explanation, please.
  5. rod@missionop.com

Linking to external content in general is not permitted. Any live links may be removed at the discretion of the Moderator.

http://forums.seochat.com/forum-rules-guidelines-73/seo-chat-thread-post-guidelines-all-forums-33866.html
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

about following rule

3. Please check it first with the W3C Validator, http://validator.w3.org
    by the way did you checked seochat's home page with W3C Validator ?

Svet
  9. hi
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It says i can't post new topics in here! What is that all about?
  11. SEO Insultant

Originally Posted by Galen
    It says i can't post new topics in here! What is that all about?
    It's funny that new members - who often join the forums desperate to know more about their website - are not allowed to ask for a Site Review nowadays. I mean: what are they supposed to post about in the mean time?
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by dzine
    It's funny that new members - who often join the forums desperate to know more about their website - are not allowed to ask for a Site Review nowadays. I mean: what are they supposed to post about in the mean time?
    I agree with that, basically most of the new members are struggling with their site and are desperate for knowing the flaws and points on which they can work upon and also learn in the process.
    Upload Music - My Friend's Musical Passion!
    SEO Chat FAQ's
    Worried About PR? Read This First!
    Fools rush in where angels fear to tread!
  15. No Profile Picture

MEILLC.com- is the .asp killing my SEO?

Originally Posted by jalaj4you
    I agree with that, basically most of the new members are struggling with their site and are desperate for knowing the flaws and points on which they can work upon and also learn in the process.
    I'm one of those folks. I'm not the developer, but a marketeer for a site, and have worked on descriptions, keywords, site content. I'm still lacking links, but that is underway...and I have a very active Google and Yahoo pay per click campaign going, but still my site gets nowhere in page ranks and I can't figure out why. Is it because of the .asp?

Thanks,
    Marketeer
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Marketeer
    I'm one of those folks. I'm not the developer, but a marketeer for a site, and have worked on descriptions, keywords, site content. I'm still lacking links, but that is underway...and I have a very active Google and Yahoo pay per click campaign going, but still my site gets nowhere in page ranks and I can't figure out why. Is it because of the .asp?

Thanks,
    Marketeer
    Firstly, i dont think .asp has anything to do with that. Wait for some time and look to achieve as many links as you can. Also i would like to pint out that PPC campaingns dont have anything to do with rankings.

My point was exactly for people like you needing help regarding your website. Its not that only newbies need help, no.

You cannot post that in a site review section but if you need help on your site, i guess you can post your website in a text (non linked) form either separated by spaces or without dots in an appropriate section of the forum.
  19. Contributing User

Sorry, i didnt realise you have your site name in the post heading!
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Mini
    Hi,

I created an account here so that I could get some reviews on <snip>. However, I am not being allowed to do so. Am I going wrong somewhere? URL: <snip>

pls help
    Thanx
    Mini
    Hi!

Did you just read the postings which are before your post or just laid the question without giving a look at them, if you would have had a look at them you might have got ur answer.

You need at least 30 days to spend here and 30 posts too.

BTW, everyone now knows about ur website i guess.
  23. No Profile Picture

Unhappy

Hi All,
    I found you guys about 7 hours ago googling for site reviews. I read the sticky and learned about W3 Validator. (Thanks for that)

So now that I'm completely valid I come back and create an account. I got my validation email and confirmed my account.

I tried to post my site for review and it says that my account is restricted by admin. What's up with that?
    I guess now I have to wait a month for help. wow. If i still need it then ill be back. What a bummer.

Talk to you all later,
    John
  25. No Profile Picture

I just found that out too. That really bums me out. That's the whole reason I'm here. I need help.
    Last edited by bumba000; Jul 31st, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
  27. rod@missionop.com

The general idea is "don't ask to be spoon-fed!"

I'm sure your website is no different than 20 billion other websites in most areas of SEO concerns...

You can quickly appreciate 80% of what is likely deficient on your domain - fix and then asking for a review later when it's available to do fine tuning...

Seriously, if you know you have muffler problems, or think you have muffler problems or just want to be sure you don't have muffler problems - you hire a mechanic and pay to have a checklist done...

If you're only planning to "do it yourself" - you won't find any shop ready to spoon-feed you at your wim without any rules.

The site review is for "members that participate" not drive-be-shooters that can't be bothered to add any value here.

The whole reason I'm here [and most active members] is to help... but really why would anyone want to help someone that can't help themselves by reading what we already wrote...

a billion - 1 post "review my site"... surely you have to read "anyway" - why make someone rewrite the same things over and over again... if you ain't planning to be here longer than 5 mins.

Comments on this post

• europa agrees : Reading what we already wrote....WHOA....what a novel idea!
    • seogoat agrees
    Last edited by fathom; Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
  29. Contributing User

I am a noob and decided to spend some time reviewing other peoples sites and reading the forums. I figure by the time I am able to ask for a review I might not need one any more. Perhaps that is the point.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Teaching the learner to teach is the better way to learn.
    • seogoat agrees : good for you - and exactly
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: