1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Site review - suggestions on how to increase pagerank?

Hello -

This is a site I made for a client of mine:

http://www.losthorizonsasia.com/

We are seeking traffic for keywords related to thailand travel:

travel thailand,thailand tourism,thailand resorts,thailand vacation, resort in Thaialnd,travel to Thailand,resort Thailand,thailand travel information,thailand hotel and resort, thailand beach resort,travel and thailand,asian vacation,thailand resort reservation,similana resort,golden buddha beach,travel information thailand, island property, beach front property for sale, beach property,Similana,Khao Lak, beach resort[/siz]

It's tough to get inbound links for a site like this, but I have tried to get it listed everywhere I can!

If anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated! The site is quite copy-heavy, which is good (I think) and most importantly it's loaded up with great information about a whole bunch of locations.

thanks,
    Dave
  3. Contributing User

Any thoughts on this, anyone?
  5. Contributing User

Well ....
    I didnt have time to explore the site which i promise I will...
    But you made the most common mistake a webmaster can do....
    I see it all the time when people choose thier domain name
    Why the hell didnt you choose a domain with your keywords inside!!!!!!!
    If its a new site I stongly suggest that you buy a new domain with your keywords inside and dont forget to thank me later
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

i dont agree with asher02. although i prefer domain names with keyword in them, it does not affect your ranking at all. it plays an amazingly very little portion of the ranking process.

i would say like this: if all the other elements on the two websites are equal, then the one who has a keyword in the domain name will rank higher. since, these elements are never equal, it's not a big deal.

the reason i like keyword in domain name is, the potential customers will find it easy to remember.
  9. Contributing User

now my comments about the web site:

i dont know if you only did SEO or also design, but the design is pretty attractive.

travel thailand - not in top20
    thailand tourism - not in top20
    thailand resorts - 11.
    thailand vacation - not in top20
    resort in thailand - not in top20
    hmmmm.

you need to work harder

you are in dmoz and yahoo CA i guess. Still you have PR 4.

My suggestions would be:
    1. try to concentrate on a few keywords rather than many. I'll go with first top 3. Use wordtracker.com to find out what people search. Believe me, after a while, you will be showing up on the similar keywords.

2. Try to get into industry-specific directories. It's pretty easy to find for travel related.

3. Haven't checked this. But get yourself info goguides.com, joeant.com and hotrate.com...

4. Change ALT tags of images. Destinations --> Thailand Destinations
    Property --> Thailand Property

5. Title can be more effective. Depending on your top 3 keywords, rewrite your title tag. make sure you it is readable and attracts attention, so your click rate will be high. i wouldnot use a full stop in the title. i would not use 'thailand' more than 2 in the title.

6. i cannot see any links with 'thailand' in the link text. You must have at least one link with 'thailand' in the link text.

7. Use 'thailand' and other keywords in the body (content).
    Such that:
    "Comfort and fine cuisine in the wild"
    "Comfort and fine cuisine in the wild Thailand"

if you let us know again after considering my comments, we can give you more advise.

good luck.
    P.S. seems like a comptetitive market.
  11. Contributing User

izzets -

thanks for this great feedback, i will go through the site and implement these changes. i did the design and the seo, yes

thanks, dave
  13. No Profile Picture

Keywords in the domain name can actually make a lot of difference. The reason for this is because of the anchor text it provides when another site links to you. Anchor text is a major factor in the Google algo at the moment. For example:

www.companyname.com will not be as useful as www.blue-widgets.com for a search on blue widgets unless you can get sites that link to you to add the terms blue widgets to the anchor text they use.
  15. Contributing User

I also have thailandrainforest.com and thailandnature.com - those are great keywords and frequently searched.

How can I use those domains to increase traffic to this site?
  17. No Profile Picture

I'd say to set these domains up with unique content and get some good inbound links for them. Then get people to link to you with "Thailand Rainforest" and "Thailand Nature" as the anchor text for each site. Then you can place links on each of these to the losthorizonasia site and pull some traffic through from them...