1. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Site Review for http://www.valtorc.com

Hey guys.

I just wanted to throw my site out there I'm working on for ya'll to review.

The areas I would like to be reviewed are just:

1.) SEO - how well have I done?
    2.) Design - how easy is it to navigate and does it look professional?

The site is about industrial valves, it's a huge site and I'm currently developing ecommerce for all this. I have worked on this site for about 6 months now pumping out new content and building links (along with basic webmaster stuff).

This site is build on Joomla CMS and have several different SEO plugins (I know, BS but hey, it can't hurt - I hope) they optimize the title tags and descriptions for each page.

I hope I didn't miss anything. If I did, please let me know but I tried to review the rules carefully

Thanks!
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  3. seo@robmacdesign.co.uk
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Joshz,

On the subject of your title elements, I would suggest moving your company name to the far right. The power of the title element diminishes from left to right so putting your company name towards the beginning is a waste of that power.

I'd also change all links to your homepage to make sure they point to 'http://www.valtorc.com/' rather than 'index.php' to avoid any canonical problems.

As far as the navigation goes, it seems straight forward to me and the design looks fine. Having said that, I know nothing about valves for industry so I really wouldn't know what to be looking for!

Hope this helps.
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Robertomac
    Hi Joshz,

On the subject of your title elements, I would suggest moving your company name to the far right. The power of the title element diminishes from left to right so putting your company name towards the beginning is a waste of that power.

I'd also change all links to your homepage to make sure they point to 'http://www.valtorc.com/' rather than 'index.php' to avoid any canonical problems.
    I'm so happy you made the above comment - I've been thinking about this on the home page to swap out the order, but I'm kind of waiting for a slight dip (or excuse) in SERP's to do so. So far, we're on page 1 of one target keyword and page 2 for the other - so I'm just letting it settle in and build a few links.

as far as the index.php, you think it's hurting? I've never noticed/thought about that.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!