1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO advice for actress fansite

Hello,
    Last edited by webern; Nov 21st, 2004 at 02:54 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The site content looks great. You seem to have a lot of it - photos, videos, reviews, news, interviews etc. If I was interested in reading about this actress then it would definately be a great resource.

The only main criticism I have is that I think the content could be better organised. For example your front page has all the news items in detail. Why not have the news articles in a separate section with each news item on it's own hyperlink. Similarly you could do something with the movie info. Instead of listing all the movies and all descriptions about the movies on one single page, perhaps split it up into a list of links, each with their own page. This would make navigating the site easier and also help the visitor find the specfic article or film review. It would also give you scope to expand the specific detail about that subject e.g. more detail on each movie.

You've obviously put a lot of effort in and I think you have an excellent resource. Incidentally I have just seen the movie HERO and thought it was fantastic - my favourite film this year.

Hope this helps

Bluesuit.
  5. No Profile Picture

Wow, nice site. I would be a little concerned about using her official domain name with the change of the extension from .com to .us

There is nothing preventing her or her firm from coming after your site. You should look into these domain name issues before developing your site any further.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the replies. I have worked out the domain name issue with her team, at least sort of.

I agree the news and filmography needs to be better organized, I'll work on that. Each movie actually does have its own page, if you click on the title or picture, but maybe that needs to be made more clear.
    Last edited by webern; Nov 14th, 2004 at 07:49 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    adr
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by webern
    Thanks for the replies. I have worked out the domain name issue with her team, at least sort of.

I agree the news and filmography needs to be better organized, I'll work on that. Each movie actually does have its own page, if you click on the title or picture, but maybe that needs to be made more clear.
    From a aesthetic perspective, I'd remove the border from the top table. From seo perspective, I'd make the title a little more descriptive and make the forum use modrewrite to hide the query string. From a legal persespective, I'd add a copyright notice at the bottom.