1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Exclamation Reviews- Site structure for SEO and Indexing Point

Hi,

I would like to share my website that is an ecommerce site offering laptop products but it has no categores, subcategories and other navigations and a user can only find and by the specific product by searching it on the site search box using product name or model.

Site is technologyvs.co.uk

Site have around 4,00,000 product URls and i have submitted XML sitemap (breaking it into 50,000 urls per xml sitemap) as per google guidelines for xml sitemap.

Even after 2-3 month, only 7000 urls out of 4,00,000 URLs are get indexed.

I understand that menu's , subcategories etc and other access points ar important to get crawl and index a site faster but I want expert reviews on my website structure on the indexing and SEO point of view.

Please review my site and all feedback and reviews are welcome
    Last edited by coolslko; Jun 25th, 2015 at 09:58 AM.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hey there,

As a baseline for discussion, Chedders has given a great critique of part of your structure: XML Sitemp Issue - Expert Advice

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Forcing users to use search to get to any of the products will not allow for natural navigation. There is no route to these inner pages without knowing about the sitemap.
    No internal link juice either so the pages ability to rank will also be hindered from any onpage SEO work.

You / him are not allowing google to do what it does best, act as a end user and look around the site and figure out which are the important pages to the site.
    To be honest I would be quite happy to have 7,000 pages indexed with a site structure like that.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Where are your 400,000 links?

Google is a search engine you replaced them for your internal search feature.

Show me how Googlebots gets to every one of your pages?

A sitemap only will let Googlebot know there are 400,000 pages but if no one external to your domain links to them and no one internally links to them ... and everyone that arrives at your domains can access your search feature... right?

Why do you need searchers to arrive on the page they wanted when they can search for it on your domain?
    Last edited by fathom; Jun 25th, 2015 at 11:18 AM.