1. No Profile Picture
    wdz
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Review Freelance Site, Looking for SEO expert, Help Needed.

Hello Seo Experts.

First let me tell you my problem, I paid $150 (total $300) down payment to so called a 'seo expert', he promised top 10 positions on all major search engines, .. in 40 days.
    After 2 month, we still have not been anywhere near top 10.. I do not even think we are anywhere near top 500. After that the SEO programmer just left, and has never replied to my emails.

That said. First of all I am looking for somebody to check if the site has a good SEO, may be some of you could look through the code, and tell me that. I want to know if the our SEO guy has at least done something.

Now, I am looking for REAL professional SEO expert, that can Guarantee top 10 on Google, MSN, and Yahoo. I will use my own websites escrow for you to start the work. And will release it ONLY after I see that we are the top 10.

Thank you very much. Waiting for your replies.

p.s. if you are interested to work on it, you can PM me here. thank you.
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; Aug 1st, 2005 at 06:20 AM. Reason: live links and ads removed
  3. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    If you find someone that guarantees 10 ten you should run a mile.
    The search engines are very unstable at the moment and even the proffesionals dont give guarantees.

If you look around some of the comapnys you will find that they are looking for budgets of $8000 plus so for your $150 you may find that you will maybe get a 5 minite phone call from a real `proffesional`.
    I charge $300 to tell people what work their site needs without actually touching their site.
    I think you need to think more about your budget and forget that $150 becuse it just pennies in seo terms.
    Last edited by mick.sawyer; Aug 1st, 2005 at 02:35 AM.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

For $150 you can get 1/2 hour with DazzlinDonna. I'd suggest you get in touch with her. But you probably need more than just a half hour don't ya think?

Oh yeah, good SEOs don't need you. To be blunt, your offer to withhold funds until a top 10 is only going to limit you to those desperate enough to take the offer. However, I have heard rumors that there is a guy in these forums with a top notch reputation that will do work fo $19/hr. Find him and you'll be set.
  7. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    Originally Posted by Linux98
    However, I have heard rumors that there is a guy in these forums with a top notch reputation that will do work fo $19/hr. Find him and you'll be set.
    If the member you are refering to is Wit2
    http://forums.seochat.com/member.php?u=18001
    I dont think even he could afford to do it for $19 or even $300
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

As you have found out you don't get much for $300. It may take months to gain a decent ranking in Google - just something to think about when hiring an SEO!
  11. No Profile Picture
    wdz

I never meant to say that my budget is $150. I said I paid downpayment for $150 and the programmers just left.

My budget can be as high as $500.

So if any of you can help..

Also could anyone look thought the SEO of my site, and tell me if it is at least optimised for search engines? Thank You.
  13. No Profile Picture
    wdz

Now I am thinking even top 20 will work. People usually searching through at least 10 pages to find freelance jobs. So I am sure if we are #18 we will still be found. Waiting for your comments. Thank You.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by wdz
    Take $300 out of that $500 and spend it here: http://forums.seochat.com/member.php?userid=468

That is DazzlinDonna. She will turn that $300 into substantially more than that with just one hour of consultation. Ask any SEO in this entire forum if she is any good and you won't be dissapointed.

Think of it this way. If you were in serious trouble and needed an attorney you wouldn't hire the guy who runs the TV ads would you? You would go shell out for a top notch attorney who could send you off in the right direction. Then once you get the golden advice you can choose where to go from there while knowing you won't be wasting your time chasing rabbit trails.

Spend $300 for one hour and get a basic direction you know you can count on. Then you can be a cheap skate after that.

I think Randfish offers consultation as well - I don't know if he works on the hourly deal though. Either of those two will save you thou$ands in time and opportunity costs if you just take the step of going with the high end first.

Edit: In fact, there is a poster here who is offering to give free advice as long as you give him a couple of links. There is a heap full of opportunity just waiting for you to grab. Good luck.
    Last edited by Linux98; Aug 1st, 2005 at 11:36 AM.
  17. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by wdz
    Can be? Sounds like your actual budget is far less than that, but you're willing to go that 'high.' If you check out what was posted here, you'd see that even the 'high as $500' is chump change.

Also, I'd highly recommend you do the following:

1. Read through this forum and you'll notice this:
    - Top 10, top 20, top 50 is nearly impossible to guarantee because of all the factors involved (site design, SEO, keywords you target, your competition, the search engines themselves, etc.).
    - It can be very difficult to break out of the sandbox as quickly as you seem to want, depending on the factors listed above, unless you want the short-term benefits of black hat. But if you want long term gain, forget the quick response and have patience.
    - It is quite possible to learn SEO on your own and do your own if you read.

2. If you still want to hire a pro, be ready to hire a pro. Don't seek out a Dodge Viper at the price of a Dodge Neon. Just as in any other business, the good pros aren't cheap, but are effective.

3. Always always always remember if it sounds too good to be true... it is. If someone offers a guarantee of top rankings in a short time period for a nominal fee, RUN (just as Mick said). Look for someone who is honest and up front... and the pros here are just that.
    SEO Tips

SEO Consulting $50/hr - IM me for details *** PayPal available
  19. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    `Chump change` rofl
  21. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, I figured that's nicer than calling it paultry, paupish, insignificant, or something else. Actually, paupish sounds sorta 'high society'.
  23. No Profile Picture
    wdz

Thanks for the comments.

Well right now my budget is low, .. but hopefully i can get $5000 (?) and find a good SEO.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by wdz
    Thanks for the comments.

Well right now my budget is low, .. but hopefully i can get $5000 (?) and find a good SEO.
    You don't need that much. Don't listen to these jokers haha. SEO is expensive but there are very good seo's out there who will work with small businesses with small budgets.