1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Rebuilt my old site using Wordpress and relaunched it in january

My old site launched in 2003 (same domain but now on a different host) was built using FrontPage2002 (UGH - I know). It began to severely lose traffic due to the various Panda / Penguin stuff + the new html5 hierarchy. Over the last year I meticulously rebuilt it using WordPress and then relaunched it along with a sitemap that was submitted to Google Webmaster Tools about one month ago. Of the roughly 4200 different images + the roughly 13,000 urls in the site, almost all have been indexed....took about a month, maybe a little more. I see some of my pages appearing in the search results based on specific keyword terms but still many are way down the results page. I did make all appropriate redirects and am shying away from too many plugins (right now, about 3 are actively running....Yoast, Jetpack and another one) - out of curiousity, is there anything else I ought to be aware of, or do, based on all of this? Am asking if anyone has recently gone through a recent rebuild / relaunch like me. Curious - thanks for any insight / feedback / tips / constructive criticism. Here's the site.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would start with the following three projects:

1) Get a bunch of people (e.g. via Amazon Mechanical Turk) to do cart sorting on your content. For example, I'd create a subcategory within services for all custom work. Also, your dropdown to every category in the catalog may be good for search engines, but it's overwhelming for users. Who's priority #1?
    2) The content on your homepage is overwhelming. I know it's for search engines, but it's a lot. Perhaps do as dating sites and others do - get your main conversion calls to action above the fold in the main content area, and push the content further down for people who can be bothered to scroll a good distance. And whatever content you leave up top, edit down to the following:
    Title
    2-3 bullets
    call to action. (Browse the catalog or find out more about any of these services: {list}
    3) Make your social proof more obvious. This isn't the time to be humble. Why did I have to go digging to find out you did work for the Chicken Soup for the Soul series of books? Or for the Toronto Star? ...