1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Please help, need feedback on website

After months of hard labor we have delivered most of the features we wanted to develop/deploy and i would like to ask for open/honest feedback.

Recently we've also improved on performance and on most of the issue's as reported by page-explorer (thanks; great tool!), i'm aware that the server response is not always what it should be.... we have not scaled yet to server/cluster...

Feedback on all area's is appreciated; ui/ux, functionality, seo, ...

Thanks all,
    Paul
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Here are some thoughts on your site....hope this helps and best of luck ^_^

Global template

+ Cookie warning - best practice - if you're targeting europe with this website, you're obligated by law to have a cookie warning somewhere when the user lands on the website. I highly recommend adding this before you start promoting this website.

+ Everything is translated for the other languages - good! I would do language international targeting instead of country targeting for this site, if you are going to target in Google search console or use ahreflang to show the relationships between the pages.

Homepage

+ Poor masthead contrast on mobile - usability - For the english version of the website on mobile the text "Search 105,151 holiday homes in Europe here" is really difficult to read. Is there any way to increase the contrast..parhaps switching out the background image?

Category pages

+ faceted navigation limits category options - when I search pages that are indexed in Google, only category pages and listings are indexable....but there is no sub category stucture. This accessbility issue will lead you to miss out on a lot of long tail terms. For example, /en/search/holidays-autumn-break-2017-2017-autumn-break/?landing will have a hard time ranking for "autumn break 2017 apartment with swimming pool antwerp" even though, you have all those filter options...try to see if there is a way to make the filter options static URIs ...also be sure that the breadcrumb structure also has a logic for these new URIs

+ be careful with grey background with white text contrast - Looking at category pages in english, example en/search/holidays-autumn-break-2017-2017-autumn-break/arrival-2017-10-14-1-day/search-rome apartment/?page=1&sort=by-vfm the contrast for "Last minute - Midweek offers" is poor,I recommend adjusting the stylesheets somehow to improve the contrast so that this is easier to read on both desktop and from mobile devices.
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hello and thanks for the feedback,

I have some questions:

+ Cookie warning. For what cookie/purpose on our website do you believe the warning is required? I believe there are none, we use cookies only for analytics (anonymized) and for tracking ad performance and for tracking bookings (the last is done using cookies from our partners, so actually not by our website). We do not use cookies in any way to track the customer behavior.

+ Regarding the language targeting, can you elaborate? We use hreflang's to explain that different pages show the same content in a different language/different domain. Although i need to admit that i'm not sure if this has any benefit at all?

+ Regarding the static url's we actually already generate those url's based on all sort of options, and the breadcrumb as well. For instance: /nl/zoek/4-personen/korting-5-procent/appartement-of-boerderij/, or do you mean that the use of ajax for these functions prevents the crawler from seeing those? We do have some entries in the sitemap to such url's but since there are endless combinations most will not be indexed.

Thanks,
    Paul
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by paul9912
    + Cookie warning. For what cookie/purpose on our website do you believe the warning is required? I believe there are none, we use cookies only for analytics (anonymized) and for tracking ad performance and for tracking bookings (the last is done using cookies from our partners, so actually not by our website). We do not use cookies in any way to track the customer behavior.
    The warning is required because it is the "LAW" in Europe. European Law states if your site uses cookies for any reason, you must have the warning and get their (visitor's) consent to use them.
    It doesn't matter even if you destroy the cookie afterwards and never use the information for any purpose other than to make your site run properly.

From https://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/