1. Modreator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Opt review for a guide/directory site

http://www.citylinkz.com/

Quick facts and local links for almost every city in the US.
    First site I have ever really optimizied for spiderfood. Any comments or suggestions would be a big help!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

What search term are you trying to optimize for? Whatever term you decide upon, you'll need to make that term prominent in the title tag and throughout the page in headers, text, etc. Your home page has very little text on it, so you might want to add a paragraph that includes your search term. You could then optimize each city page for that particular city's search term.

One other slight comment that has nothing to do with SEO, but I clicked on Louisiana, and then Covington, and found several links that had to do with other states who have towns called Covington, so you might want to check that each city has relevant links on its page.
  5. Modreator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the review.

I am working on optimizing each individual city page so that I can get first page results for about 70% of the cities. (No way am I going to even bother getting top for Seattle, New York, etc.)

Right now the links are skimmed off the top results of various search engines. This isn't perfect, but I am working on a way for people to submit/correct links and short blubs for their city.

Unfortunately I need to build some site popularity before I have the visitorbase to make such updates and turn it into less of an affilate-farm.