1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New site, how am I doing?

HI, I am a fairly new website owner. I just got my new site online about 2 weeks ago. I think it is doing pretty well as far as Google search results, There seems to be better rankings and impressions over my old site. It has only been 2 weeks, I know it takes time. If anyone would like to take the time to take a quick look at my site and give me an opinion, I would really appreciate it. The site is www. kingdompowersports.com
    Thank you in advance for any input.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Nice website!

This is by no means a complete list of opportunities, but just a few things I noticed by poking around for 10 minutes:

1. There is no content on category pages. These are your greatest opportunities for targeting high volume key phrases like "motocross gear," "motocross helmets," "snowmobile jackets," etc. Include at least 250 words, integrating keywords as they fit naturally.

2. Your product pages are using product descriptions found on other websites. Google prefers original content and having too much duplicate content can get you filtered in organic search. I'd recommend writing unique descriptions for your top products, as long as you do not legally need to use the manufacturer descriptions.

3. Images are large .jpg files and are slowing down the website. You can losslessly compress them and improve the page speed substantially.

4. You have no backlinks. Start up a blog or create some digital assets about ATV or Motocross - content that fans would want to read - and promote it via your social profiles. You have 123 Twitter followers but you haven't said anything to them since September. Show them something they might share and link to.

5. Speaking of social profiles, you're linking to Shopify's Twitter, Facebook and G+ rather than your own. Fix that.

6. Add alt text to your images. For example, use the name of the product on product images to boost relevancy between the page and that key phrase.

7. As the banner on the homepage scrolls, its size actually changes. If I'm scrolling down the page to look at the top products in different categories, they start moving up and down the screen. This is not good for usability. Making those images the same size and shape is highly recommended.

That should get you started. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi, thank you for all of the info. I will look it over and compare it to my site. I will have some questions and comments to get back to you. Thanks again
  7. No Profile Picture

As far as the category content. I know I dont have much on some of them. I just made those pages and have not gotten to finishing hem yet. lol I agree with you , there needs to be content there.
    The product pages I have written some different content to try to be different, but i guess many of them do still have the same "feel" even though I worded it a little differently.
    The social pages I know are still going to my personal pages, I just have to contact my site people and find out how to change it. I tried to do it when I noticed it, but can't seem to find out how to change where it goes.
    Product descriptions on the pictures. I have done that with all of them before I uploaded them to the site. However, I dont think they carry the image name into the site. I will have to go back and name them all in the ATL box available.
    I see what you are saying about the home page banners, I will get them all to the same size to stop the scrolling.
    I really appreciate your input, I am somewhat new to this and always learning. Do you think the site looks visually appealing?
  9. No Profile Picture

my Google ranking on many product lines is doing very well, first page, some are first on first page. Having only been online since 2-27-15, I have seen a large improvement in what google is finding and indexing. over my old site that I had for 2 years. Impressions have increased from 8000 to near 11000 in 2 weeks. Queries ave gone up from about 750 to 1100 in the 2 weeks. I guess what im thinking is that im doing something right. lol
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I do think it's visually appealing and I'm glad to hear the switch from your old domain is working out.
  13. No Profile Picture

Great. thank you. I am working on the suggestions you mentioned. Do you have any other thoughts on it?