Thread: New Dude Site

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New Dude Site

Back in September I decided to start a website focused on helping dudes buy gifts for women. Just a part time gig to keep myself busy. I have evolved it to something more informative than just an affiliate site. I have to admit, I am still a bit unclear of the future direction, going through trial & error now.

When I purchased the domain, I knew absolutely nothing about website development, i bought a few books, read a lot online and finally I have a site that I can begin to add content and try to understand SEO.

I am a rookie and would enjoy any type of feedback on layout, content and SEO. I am still having problems getting my site to function properly in Netscape and others.

I have enjoyed the SEOforum, even though I still do not understand a lot of the language, but I am learning.

http://www.dudehelp.com

Thanks,

-Doug
  3. au courant
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Howdy Doug,
    when first arriving at your page, using Firefox, I found tables in the wrong areas and other things that would immediatly drive a visitor away in alot of cases.

That aside, the actual site isn't too bad. There's alot of text, which while formatted to match will look alright, still isn't really a zing to the eye. I suggest thinking about throwing in some more pictures. Even if you have to do a diagram to explain something, it's better than just talking about it. There need to be some more visuals to entertain the eye.

After that, throw on alt tags with keywords you're shooting for on all your pictures, including that header you have now. Doing so will up keyword density a smidgen.

G'luck!
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks Dude,

I appreciate your review. I hear you on putting more visuals....Thanks.

I am not 100% sure what you mean about alt tags with keywords on pictures?

-Doug
  7. au courant
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

When you mouse over a picture if an alt tag is incorporated, a small dialogue will appear. When designing, you can take that into use for keyword enrichment.

When you select a picture, most editors will have the option for an alt tag. If you're working manually you can find the exact line on Google.

G'luck