1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need advice from you pro's

Hi Guys

Been trying a for a year to get my site www.theblingking.co.uk on good terms with Google natural results. I have got top positions with yahoo.co.uk and .com for some of my keywords but Google is a real pain.

I get 300- 600 unique visitors a day but can't get good rankings on Google.co.uk or google.com

My main keywords are

Bling
    Bling Bling
    Bling jewellery
    Hip Hop jewellery
    Bling watches

Current positions on google.co.uk

I do have first page Google positions on " bling jewellery" and if you go onto www.google.co.uk and select to "search within the UK" on any of the above keywords I usually get in the top 5.

Inbound links
    I have approx 250 inbound links from PR 3/4/5 approx 130 of these links are jewellery related and the rest and non jewellery related as I could not find any more links.

Where do I go next?
    I really want to get better positions of Google .co.uk and on google.com but don;t know how to do it.

I don;t have any money for SEO as all my funds go carefully into PPC campaigns to keep my business running.

Please please can someone point me in the direction of getting some improvements. Can you see any flaws in the site which need attention.

Best regards

Daniel
    theblingking.co.uk
    Last edited by FogHorn; Aug 4th, 2006 at 12:08 PM. Reason: link removed
  3. What do you do again?
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Most glaring issue I see is "supplemental hell". You are showing over 3,400 pages indexed in Google, but all but 16 of those pages are supplemental. To get these pages included in the main index you will need more incoming links pointing to these pages, write more unique content for your product pages and you should probably do a mod_rewrite of these dynamically generated urls to make them more search engine friendly (ie: http://www.theblingking.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=900&osCsid=e47bce could be changed to http://www.theblingking.co.uk/products/belt-buckles/bunny-lighter.php) This mod_rewrite is done in your .htaccess file.

As far as on-page optimization goes, you could stand to work on your title tags. All your product pages have the same title: Bling Bling Hip Hop Jewellery - high quality, low prices.
    This is a no-no, you should write unique, descriptive titles for all your product pages (I use 55 characters max). Also try to make the first 3-4 words in your titles your most relevant keyphrases. Your META keywords tags are stuffed which is probably getting you penalized (besides, Google does not reward you for META keywords anyway). You have no header tags (<h1><h2><h3>) or alt. image tags <alt=" ").

Lots of work to be done, but the two most important things are

1. Write much more unique content as Google rewards comprehensive sites that provide large amounts of unique information and
    2. Work tirelessly on your incoming link strategy. One-way links from trusted sites that point deep within your site to relevant product pages for conversion. Use anchor text for the keywords you are targeting for that page. That way when someone searches for "sean john watch" your Sean John watches page will be the one that ranks. Much better chance of converting sales as that page is exactly what they are looking for and they can buy it in 1 or 2 clicks. These "targeted" keyphrases will be easier to rank first page for that your primary, more competitive ones, and you will see a higher conversion rate for them. As you begin to rank for all these secondary keyphrases then you begin to target your main ones. CAVEAT: Keep in mind that if you are doing a mod_rewrite, you should do that before creating links to product pages as your urls will change.

Stick around, use the search function, read the FAQS, and keep asking questions and you will soon have all the information you need to do all this yourself. Good luck to you!

Comments on this post

• jwatsonl agrees