1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Please review http://www.signatureshutters.co.uk

My website has been live for the last 18 months and unfortunately it still can not be found in the Google search lists for any of my keywords. Any idea what the problem could be. I've had a 2/10 page rank (higher than many of my competitors) yet my site isn't listed and theirs is! The web address is (URL address blocked: See forum rules)
    Last edited by sigshut; Jan 25th, 2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: To include web address.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by sigshut
    My website has been live for the last 18 months and unfortunately it still can not be found in the Google search lists for any of my keywords. Any idea what the problem could be. I've had a 2/10 page rank (higher than many of my competitors) yet my site isn't listed and theirs is! The web address is (URL address blocked: See forum rules)
    PageRank is a guage... it does not represent a superior website... your competitors can be lower in PageRank and still superior in SERPs [please note than PR0 to PR2 is nearly the same. PR0 = 1 inch, PR1 = 1 foot, PR2 = 1 yard... PR3 is like 1 mile... there is little difference between 1 inch and 1 yard] (illustration only).

Your problem online is no different (or would be the same as) offline in a store that is in a back alley, no signage, no phone listing, and no or very limited advertising.

You cannot expect search engines to give a rats-*** about you if you don't promote yourself in meaningful ways.

Start developing links from directories - start with free listings, when they start inducing sales, turn some of that new revenue into PPI listings so you can advance further. with more sales hire copywriters to generate some top notch literature and get that into your website and then promote it to others [that might link to it].

The only thing that is "wrong" is your own complacency.

[again... PageRank differences between you and your competitors is meaningless... don't use that to suggest your strategy is superior]