Thread: My review

1. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

My review

I don't think I have ever posted this site of mine for a seo review, I mainly want a review to make sure Its all whitehat and no chance of me being banned. And some extra tips.

Click here!
    Keyword density was on 14% but just lowered it I hope it was a wise choice.

Thanks
    Last edited by fuzzlepop; Jul 22nd, 2005 at 11:05 PM.
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You actually did two SEO nonos at the same time when you wrote that post

- you made the anchor text of your link say "Click here!" and there's no way you're ever going to rank high for that phrase (and I doubt people ever search for that ;))
    - you added the index.php bit to your actual url (i.e. http://www.quacked.co.uk/ )which would mean that if you ever change to index.asp or whatever, you have to redo the backlink.

Now, of course, the site reviews forum is not about backlinks (and we're not keen on added anchor text), but as a SEO you should really take every opportunity to get your backlinks just right. Then again, maybe you did that on purpose I saw that you use the same url (including index.php) on your own pages, but I wonder if other webmasters - giving you backlinks - would do the same...

I like the fact that you use valid code and the design looks clean and simple. I just wish you made the logo a bit bigger, it looks funny.

I won't get started about using tables for formatting, but other than that your code could still do with a little bit of a clean-up. Even though you use an external style sheet, you still feel the urge to add style attributes to a lot of your tags, instead of addressing those tags using their class attribute. Mind you, I do that too on my sites, but I wouldn't dare ask for a site review hehehe.

Your metas are perfect (I'd lose the revisit-after, and use crawl-delay in my robots.txt file if I wanted to slow down the spiders...)

I'd add a couple more header tags: you already have the <h1> so a couple of h2's would complement that nicely. Don't exactly know how: maybe group the videos into little themed clusters and add a title or caption to those.

And oh yeah: get yourself a favicon and put a link/button on your page(s), asking people to drag it to their bookmarks bar
    Last edited by Wit; Jul 23rd, 2005 at 03:26 AM.
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    <`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...
  5. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks, will try do a few more h1s. I was more. I used the click here on purpose, do backlinks really help on forums? Originally the stylesheet was on the page but according to a seotool it says its best having it as external so I did. I seem to hate h1s they are hard to change the style of imo, the font it uses is weird anyway of changing the h1s font? I will gets myself a favicon now and I removed the revisit tag. You said somthing about tables, is it better to have tableless for ses?

Oh and 1 different question, my site was desandboxed and I am now included in the .co.uk google search for "funny videos" but how come I am not in the .com search? is it because I have a .co.uk domain?

Thanks.
    Last edited by fuzzlepop; Jul 23rd, 2005 at 08:12 AM.
  7. Protecting wit's mice
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

1) Don't do more h1's, use h2 instead
    2) Yup, BL's on forums can help a LOT
    3) external stylesheets are better by far, but you still use a lot of style elements in your html
    4) h1 is just as easy to style as any other tag
    5) tableless designs are always better (if you can manage to code them well) For best accessibility it's wise to use a strict doctype
    6) .co.uk should do fine in g.com

Then my opinion: Can't really give you one... It's almost an 'out of the box' website. Plain old Evo-stuff, without much changes, but then again, Evo isn't that bad at all. I don't like the link structure using ID's in stead of keywords. There are some other comments but those will probably be up for the next Evo-release

Most important thing for you to do is BL's with the right anchor text.
  9. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

My evo isn't out of the box, it hasn't got the id structure it uses mod_rewrite. But thanks will try make the changes.