1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up Million $ Question Is My Site GOOGLE Friendly ?

Whats Up EveryBody!!!

I own an Adult DVD Website http://www.GetAdultDvds.com the site has been up for about 11 months now I have some good rankings in YAHOO and MSN but I'm Nowhere to be found in Google for simple keywords like Wholesale Adult Dvds I have been hanging around 380 to 500 for couple of months now WHY??????.

I rank #2 in MSN for Wholesale Adult Dvds and #7 in Yahoo but in Google I'm nowhere in top 300 I started buying Links about 3 Months ago my Google PR is currently 3 but it should rise to 5 on the next update.

I'm worried that I cant get into top 10 in google for simple keywords like Wholesale Adult Dvds how long will it take to get in top 10 for more competitive keywords like Adult DVD, Adult DVDs, Adult Movie, Adult Movies , Cheap Adult DVD, Cheap Adult DVDs etc.... 10 Years???

I hired a person to make my site Search Engine Friendly about 4 months ago he did a good job for Yahoo and MSN but I dont know if Google is different or something is wrong with it !!!!

If anybody has any suggestions that would be appreciated .

Thanks
    Daniel
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

by reading your post one word comes up in mind "sandbox". search on it on this forum and you'll have enough reading material to last you for a year.

good luck....
  5. No Profile Picture

?

Originally Posted by evlwarlock
    by reading your post one word comes up in mind "sandbox". search on it on this forum and you'll have enough reading material to last you for a year.

good luck....
    How can it be sandbox when my rankings range from 350 to 500 for the last couple of months in google for wholesale adult dvds. I thought if you are in sandbox you dont rank at all ?
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by GetAdultDvDs
    I thought if you are in sandbox you dont rank at all ?
    Sandbox = no rank for competitive terms, usually the most important phrase you are going for.

Not saying you are sandboxed, just clarifying what it is.

/*tom*/
  9. aka: jadibones

Im seeing 51 BackLinks in Google using the seologs.com Google BL, PR, DIR Tool, vs 11 with a normal BL search, so Google knows about your backlinks.

Just give it some time. Keep it quality. Keep building the site: adding, updating, etc.. If things dont work out after a few more updates, then its may be time re-evaluate.
    Last edited by manni; Nov 19th, 2005 at 08:54 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture

Well ... Google has different criteria then Yahoo and MSN.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess its an eCommerce style website?

Overall, IMO, in general ecommerce shopping script sites dont have much "quality content", the purpose of an ecommerce site is to sell products and not to give much information, Google is a search engine and not an enterprise agency or whatever it doesnt care about making people money, Google really wants loads and loads of pages of content, i wouldnt be suprised if Google didnt penalise these sites in a way, shape or form.

I notice the variables of "products_id" this is a pretty long variable name in the eyes of a search engine, On some links i also see a session ID and search engines wont like that either.
  15. Croatia - Hrvatska
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Sandbox = no rank for competitive terms, usually the most important phrase you are going for.
    nope, when u are in sandbox you got problems ranking on strong, secondary and small keywords, you got problem with every single keyword in most cases, its not just for competitive terms

little info: http://www.seomoz.org/articles/google-sandbox-analysis.php

in my opinion its sandbox

but you got more problems, keyword stuffing on homepage and you will got duplicate content problem soon (empty categories or products, example: http://www.getadultdvds.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=67) so fix it

I notice the variables of "products_id" this is a pretty long variable name in the eyes of a search engine, On some links i also see a session ID and search engines wont like that either.
    you just need to avoid id in links and more then 4 number as parametar
    Last edited by Bruno; Aug 14th, 2005 at 02:22 PM.